Mark Chrudimsky wins Mod feature at the Snowball!

NickHolt

Here's a picture of Mark pushing his car through tech.

post-29-1291471150.jpg

I have to share a story that goes with this picture. I was giving Mark a big congratulatory hug after he put the car on the scales. Ricky (Brooks) told me that I'd better hold off on the hug because he was hitting stuff under the car with his wheel to measure ride height. Mark had a real serious look on his face, and my heart just sunk. All of a sudden, they both burst out in laughter and Ricky told me he was using the wrong wheel (5-inch wheel instead of the 4-inch one). It sure did scare me for a minute!

Congratulations, Mark, on winning the Snowball Derby Modified race two years in a row! I'm pretty sure that Tuffy Hudson won it the year before that. Texans are dominaing in the Modifieds!!!

I love the big smile Mark always has, and he was so excited about getting the real trophy after passing tech.

Mark is one of the best modified drivers in the southern US. I would imagine if he spread himself around more he would take in the other parts of the country too. Congratulations Mark.

Dano :D

Jason Boyd won the race in '05 or '06 I believe.

Yup, in a brand new Howe chassis in 2006.

Texans have brought the trophy home 4 of the past 5 years, with Boyd in 06, Hudson in 08 and Mark in 09/10.

Add to that, Mark also finished a close 2nd in 2007.

I have to share a story that goes with this picture. I was giving Mark a big congratulatory hug after he put the car on the scales. Ricky (Brooks) told me that I'd better hold off on the hug because he was hitting stuff under the car with his wheel to measure ride height. Mark had a real serious look on his face, and my heart just sunk. All of a sudden, they both burst out in laughter and Ricky told me he was using the wrong wheel (5-inch wheel instead of the 4-inch one). It sure did scare me for a minute!

Showing a side of brooks few hear about; his sense of humor. a few years ago, brooks did the same thing to Big John on one of his cars; said the car was too wide on the "referee'.

Big had this look of "What the Hell" on his face when Brooks busted out laughing.

If you respect Brooks and what he does, and don't try to insult his intelligence, he is a very personable, easy to get along with, and will joke like anyone.

Deb, I will try tomorrow to tell a story about Brooks and phone calls he made to Mark and Chris Davidson a couple months ago from Mobile. I need to clean it up a little for this forum.

Archived