Another mystery tool

txtom

Ya'll had some fun with the wing nut tool, now here is a new one for ya.

Can anyone identify what this tool is/was used for?

Before you answer the obvious, it WAS NOT used for cutting tubing.

post-21-1290913675.jpg

well... if it aint a tubing cutter (which is the only thing i could think of), but I do know where it came from if that counts for anything :)... Home Depot... a combination of Ridged and craftsman are, IMO, the best tools made!

-Shawn

copper tubing cutter from 1/4 in to 1in

It was not used for cutting tubing of any kind.

a combination of Ridged and craftsman are, IMO, the best tools made!

This one was pretty good, it is about 30 years old. It is actually obsolete now, given advances in the technology it was used for...........

Nope, Nope, and Nope.

Some of the veteran racers on this board have either used this tool, or benefited from its' use; it may shock some of the younger racers to know what it did.......

I will also tell you that there is still some demand for it's use..

Wayne got it.

This tool was manufactured with a specially radiused roller for rolling the bead for the round snap ring on steel body shocks. There is still a use for it today, although not as much.

This one is from Carrera Shocks; Lee Machen was a long time distributor for Carrera.

Here is the original instruction sheet from Carrera:

post-21-1290970584.jpg

You appear to have way too much spare time on your hands, you need to think about a part time job or maybe a remodling project on the house or pulling the engine out of that Firebird of yours, you know something constructive !!!

Well, All the overtime I have worked this year would add up to a part time job, I need to finish up a house remodel project I am in the middle of, and the engine has been out of the Firebird so long, I probably can't find half of it...!

But then, how's those garage projects of your coming along??!!LOL

Archived