Lots of sincere "Thank You's"

NickHolt

This past week we completed two of the most successful suspension seminars I've had the honor to lead - and I've led quite a few.

I can't thank Mary Ann Naumann at Thunderhill Raceway HR and Graham Baker and John Mandabach at Houston Motorsports Park enough for opening up their facilities for these classes. The hospitality and behind-the-scenes efforts are appreciated by both me and those attending the seminars.

I keep the class size to a maximum of 15, but had 17 in both the Houston Motorsports Park and Thunderhill Raceway seminars. I apologize to those I had to turn away - I really wasn't trying t be mean, it's just that I need to have immediate feedback from those in attendance and if the class size gets too big I don't get the feedback I need. We'll be doing the seminars again at some point, so you can register for one of those sessions if you're still interested.

And a special thank you to Arden Vikre (THR) and Bo Knowles and the Mason Mitchell Racing folks (HMP) for allowing us to "bump steer" their race cars during the last session. Likewise, many thanks go to Chris and Gary Swenson for their extremely informative presentations at both THR and HMP. I know I had my eyes opened to some very timely information about current shock technology, new racing springs and other suspension components.

Although he was unable to make the HMP seminar, it was great to have Chase Stapp (crew chief for Cary Stapp) share a great deal of pertinent information about suspension concepts - in particular the metric four-link suspension technology. Thanks Chase!

Nick

The class was great and still reading over the notes as we prep our car for next year. I got alot of friends interested in it and the hands on was priceless.

Great Job Nick!

Mark Stevens

Thanks, Mark! You were a great asset to the class.

Mark is working on a project to build a relatively inexpensive tool to measure spring frequencies as well as g-forces - all in the same tool. I saw a working model and this is going to be very cool.

Anyone who has ever taken my seminar knows the importance of spring frequencies in a conventional setup. And a relatively inexpensive g-force meter (accelerometer) with a memory chip and the ability to transmit real-time data to the pits would be really cool.

Mark and I will be teaming up with some of my seminar students to work out the bugs before putting the tool on the market.

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Archived