Hendrick crew swaps

Modracer

From the Jayski site:

New crew chiefs for Gordon, Martin & Earnhardt Jr.: Hendrick Motorsports has made personnel adjustments in preparation for the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series season, with drivers Mark Martin, Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr. being teamed with new crew chiefs. Below are the driver-crew chief pairings for each Hendrick Motorsports car, effective immediately:

#5 Chevy, driver: Mark Martin, Crew Chief: Lance McGrew

#24 Chevy, driver: Jeff Gordon; Crew Chief: Alan Gustafson

#48 Chevy, driver: Jimmie Johnson; Crew Chief: Chad Knaus

#88 Chevy, driver: Dale Earnhardt Jr.; Crew Chief: Steve Letarte

The cars of Martin and four-time Sprint Cup champion Gordon will be fielded out of the same facility, now known as the 5/24 shop. Earnhardt Jr.'s Chevys will be prepared out of the renamed 48/88 shop alongside those of five-time and defending Cup champion Jimmie Johnson. "This will improve us as an organization, across the board," said Rick Hendrick, owner of Hendrick Motorsports. "We had a championship season (in 2010), but we weren't where we wanted and needed to be with all four teams. We've made the right adjustments, and I'm excited to go racing with this lineup."(Hendrick Motorsports)(11-23-2010)

What excuse are the Junior/Gordon fans going to have for the lack of performance now if there are any?

my opinion is that if Jimmie Johnson and Chad Knaus wanted to prove that they are the greatest at what they do (driver and Crew Chief) then Hendrick should have but Knaus with Dale Jr. and paired up and crew chief with Johnson. If Knaus could make Dale Jr. a winner and true championship contender that would be an accomplishment.

But then again I know, If it aint broke don't fix it. Plus doing things the way he did, Hendrick keeps the heat on JJ and Chad cause they are the only ones he didn't change.

Archived