Important NASCAR Information for THR & TSRS

debwill

We’ve received several phone calls and e-mails about the NASCAR sanctioning agreement, and we’d like to share the following information regarding the NASCAR licenses and benefits.

NASCAR LICENSES WILL BE REQUIRED FOR ALL NASCAR DIVISION COMPETITORS ONLY, as follows:

• Division I (Featured Division) – NASCAR Modified Competitor: $185

• Support Division Competitor – NASCAR TSRS Late Models, NASCAR Trucks and NASCAR Super Stocks: $90

An optional Crew License is also available for $90.

Here are some of the benefits of having a NASCAR license:

NASCAR MODIFIEDS ONLY (DIVISION I):

o NASCAR Track, State and National championship titles and cash awards based on competitor’s best 18 finishes using the NASCAR point system

o Invitation to the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series season-end awards banquet (track, state and national winners)

o Custom Driver Uniform for state champion

o Commemorative Helmet for track champions

o Rookie of the Year state and national championship titles and cash awards

NASCAR SUPPORT DIVISIONS (NASCAR TSRS Late Models, NASCAR Trucks, NASCAR Super Stocks):

o NASCAR National Finalist Program

o Cash awards determined by NASCAR point system based on competitor’s highest 14 race finishes

o NASCAR Learner’s Permits for 14 and 15-year old participants (not permitted in Division I)

ALL NASCAR LICENSES:

o $1,050,000 in participant accident insurance (the same as provided for the Sprint Cup drivers!)

o NASCAR Whelen All-American Series (NWAAS) Rule Book

o NASCAR Annual Preview and Press Guide

o Exclusive discounts with participating NASCAR sponsors

o Discounts on NASCAR "Official Members" merchandise

o Access to NASCAR members website

o NASCAR pin and decal

If you race at more than one NASCAR-sanctioned track (e.g., THR and HMP), you will only need to purchase one NASCAR competitor’s license. However, you will need to register your car (truck) at both tracks.

Several of you have also asked for the marketing package that’s available to drivers to help with securing sponsorships. Since it’s a big document (over 8MB), you can download and print the 2010 NASCAR Home Tracks Brochure by clicking on the following link (download expires on December 7):

https://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...wbWd1YlB2Wmc9PQ

NASCAR is in the process of creating the 2011 brochure, and it will be distributed at the NWAAS Banquet on December 10. I’ll be posting a link to the new version when an electronic copy becomes available from NASCAR.

I hope I’ve answered some of your NASCAR-related questions, and I’ll continue to provide more information as we move forward with our 2011 racing season.

In the meantime, please feel free to send your questions to me at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com. If I don’t know the answer, I’ll find out the information for you.

The big question...if you buy a license at HMP or THR, will it be good at both track's, or do you have to buy one at both track's?

I think this statement, copied from the above, answers your question doesn't it?:

"If you race at more than one NASCAR-sanctioned track (e.g., THR and HMP), you will only need to purchase one NASCAR competitor’s license. However, you will need to register your car (truck) at both tracks."

For Track Sanctioned classes (i.e. - TSRS Late Models, Super Stocks, Trucks, Cricket Late Models, and Modifieds), the local Track Rules apply as do local class rules. The NWAAS Rule Book has the details for how national and state points funds are calculated and rules for NWAAS touring series.

PS...Great job, Debbie on putting this together!

you say NWAAS RULE BOOK are the rules the same as THR?

Archived