head and neck devices

jracer98

I am about a foot thick(front to back) at the shoulder line no matter what I weigh. HA

Does anyone have any experience with head and neck (38.1) devices for offensive guards as opposed to jockeys :D

thanks

jay

I'm a pretty big boy and I use the XL Hans for people with over 20" necks.....WORKS GREAT!!

what about that 20 degree/30 business?

thanks

jay

We don't use a Hans, but I'm guessing 10* - sprint car, 20* - late model, 30* - F1

We use the dFender which is the same weight as the fiberglass Hans, but is fully adjustable for any seat, driver and helmet.

I am about a foot thick(front to back) at the shoulder line no matter what I weigh. HA

Does anyone have any experience with head and neck (38.1) devices for offensive guards as opposed to jockeys :D

thanks

jay

I've got a 54" chest and 20" neck and the 20 degree hans large fits but is a little tight when putting on and taking off when its on its fine. I will get the xl next time.

We've used the Hutchins and the dFender. No comparison, but the Hutchins is much less money, so if you can't afford anything else, you should be able to find a used Hutchins in the $200 range (I think I sold ours for $250). Jason really likes the dFender because it's adjustable, can be put on in the car or out of the car and as Chris mentioned, the belts stay in place whether they're tight or loose. The helmet clips are easy to release, but a little awkward to fasten - unless someone is helping you buckle in. New dFenders are $545 and used ones will go for about $400 (because one size fits all)

The folks over at 360 Motorsports carry the DefnDer and have a great price on it. Not to mention, that they also have sponsored the NASCAR 360 Trucks for the past two years. I hope that everyone will support a speed shop that is and has been definitely supporting racing. The Truck class may not have grown to where it is today without their investment. Give Teddy or Gerald a call at 281-999-7223(RACE) and I'll bet they can answer all your questions.

Fooled around with a Defender at the race car show here in Dallas today. I could make it work with the "width spacers"....amazed..."one size fits all" is usually a lie :D

Going with a Hutchins but thought I would report on the "fit" of the Defender on larger racers ;)

Paid $10 admission to the show but won a new set of seatbelts while registering my number for a local series, sooooo, for probably the only time this upcoming season, I'm in positive cashflow. :lol:

jay

Archived