Getting ready for the Snowball Derby

debwill

I met with Nick today to get training on the Cover It Live software that I'll be using during the Snowball Derby. Since it will be new to me, I hope y'all have some patience with me as I figure out how to use it.

I'll be doing live race coverage on the following Texas drivers who have registered so far:

Bomber Division, December 2, 2010

30 Lawrence "Cody" Smith Kyle, TX

Super Stock Division, December 4, 2009

80 Allen Alexander San Antonio, TX

Modified Divison, December 3, 2010

7 Tuffy Hudson Ingleside, TX

9 Bradley Riethmeyer

14 John Schultz Round Rock, TX

33 Jason Morman Seabrook, TX

39 Mark Chrudimsky Austin, TX

Allen Turner Snowflake 100, December 4, 2010

1 Stephan McCurley Humble, TX

02 Matt Smith Houston, TX

03 Donny Kelley New Coney, TX

6 Brandon Bendele La Vernia, TX

14 Jake Kruger Bastrop, TX

15 Cody Smith Adkins, TX

27 Jason Young Magnolia, TX

41 Chris Davidson Pearland, TX

53 Charles Evans Jr. Friendswood, TX

57 Mason Mitchell Houston, TX

81 Dillon Spreen Boerne, TX

43rd Annual Snowball Derby, December 5, 2010

1 Stephan McCurley Humble, TX

02 Matt Smith Houston, TX

41 Chris Davidson Pearland, TX

74 Ryan Lawler Colleyville, TX

99 Casey Smith Austin, TX

WOW!!! That's 20 Texas drivers in all (McCurley and Davidson driving in both the Snowflake 100 and the Snowball Derby).

Vir,

Here we go with the short jokes again! :o

I agree that more than 15 Modifieds will be racing at the Derby, so it should be an exciting race.

I'm sorry to hear that you and Danny won't be there.

Vir,

Here we go with the short jokes again!

Don't take that stuff from him Debbie! STAND up for yourself............

oops, sorry, you already are........... :P

See ya next week!

I met with Nick today to get training on the Cover It Live software that I'll be using during the Snowball Derby. Since it will be new to me, I hope y'all have some patience with me as I figure out how to use it.

It isn't easy Debbie. I had to use the same program for the Bandolero Nationals at Texas Motor Speedway this year for LegendsNation.com. The first day I was so stressed out because I couldn't type as quick as the action on the track. On the second day I got my daughter Kaitlyn to type as I dictated the track action so we could get it posted quickly. I have to give Nick praise because it isn't easy to keep up with the very fast track action.

Amy,

I know it will be difficult. However, I'll let Speed51 do the main coverage. My focus will be on the Texas drivers, e.g., drivers who advanced positions, involved in an accident, etc. I'm hoping it will be a little easier than reporting on an entire race (all drivers). I have no doubt it will take a lot of focus and some fast typing. I guess I'll just have to work overtime with my little, short fingers! LOL

txtom,

Remember, I can get even!!!

Yeah, I figure there will be atleast 30 to 35 mods, and possibly even into the 40's. This is just a guess based on previous years.

Did Travis Kittleson replace Chuck Barnes in the 12 car and the same goes for Dennis Reno replacing Bobby Know in the 30 car on the new Derby List? Clay Rogers in the 2 car--frequencies coming soon.

Thanks.

L McMurray

Great Lakes Racing Frequencies

Debbie will do very well with the CoverItLive software. We sat down over lunch and she caught on before the food was even delivered! And by the time we were done eating she was showing me features in the software that I didn't even know existed!

But, Debbie, if you run into a snag, just give me a shout and I'll see if I can help you out.

Nick

Be nice, Joe!

Thanks, Nick, for your vote of confidence. I hope I don't have to bug you too much until I get the hang of it. I know it will be a big challenge to stay focussed and get everything typed quickly. You're a tough act to follow!

Yeah, I figure there will be atleast 30 to 35 mods, and possibly even into the 40's. This is just a guess based on previous years.

Did Travis Kittleson replace Chuck Barnes in the 12 car and the same goes for Dennis Reno replacing Bobby Know in the 30 car on the new Derby List? Clay Rogers in the 2 car--frequencies coming soon.

Thanks.

L McMurray

Great Lakes Racing Frequencies

The Bobby Knox SLM entry is a scratch I believe. The engine they had for the SLM went sour and they will not be running it.

I can't wait to see Lawrence Cody Smith on that track Deb i need detailed information on all of his actions on the track and for all of you that don't know Cody will be driving the best car S.B.I has to offer and this is the first time Cody has been on a half mile track but i know he will do us proud. :lol::P:unsure:;)

Marc,

I could use some help with the photography again. I've always blamed it on my camera, but you proved me wrong last year. I'm sure the folks here at home would like to see something besides the picture of the wall on the back straightaway that says "Five Flags Speedway!" LOL

Floyd,

I'll try to make sure I post some news about Cody's race on Thursday night. It will be so exciting to see one of our own compete in the Bomber race.

Archived