More theives - this time a '32 Ford Roadster showcar...

NickHolt

Tommy Price, who works at Southwest Research in San Antonio, had come back from a car show in Boerne and decided to stop at Bass Pro in "The Rim," a shopping mall in NW San Antonio, for a few minutes. He walked back outside to check on everything (it was all still there), then went across the parking lot to get an ice cream. Within 25 minutes it was gone. Estimated $150,000 loss.

post-3-1290204372.jpg

For the KENS5 story, click here.

Nick

seems to be a rash of hot rods being stolen.a 35 ford custom called "Ruby Deluxe" was stolen last nite in Burbank around 1am.car was loaded,sitting at a residence,getting ready to leave for Scottsdale for the Goodguys to receive the "Kustom of the Year " award.They took car,truck and trailer,everything.Sad these guys like Tommy put alot of blood,sweat,tears and $$$ into something and theives take it away in a heartbeat.

Oh man I feel for this guy.. Makes my incident seem so small. I had around $10,000 in tools and equipment stolen this spring and I was livid with anyone that decided a life of crime was best suited for them.. I told the police that they better find the guy before I did.. Of course we both came up short.. Please everyone keep your eyes peeled and spread the word.. Most Likely headed south !!!

Find them. Tie them to a tree. Start removing fingers one at a time. Pour gasoline on all the open wounds. Then for good measure have everybody do as they please to these varmits. Takes a pretty low down individual to do something like this.

i saw this car at 'the key to the hills' show in bourne that weekend. this is not just a one off , this car has ALOT of history behind it. i hope they hang the bastards by their toe nails over a pit of rattle snakes.

but i also gotta ask if the owner has taken an I.Q. test as of late or drug test for that matter. to stop at a busy shopping area next to a major highway like i-10 with a car so easy to take?

The usual result of all this is some rich jerk in Mexico has a custom car, and the truck is probably in a drug runner's hands.

A close friend of mine retired from years in a drug task force in San Antonio, and he stated awhile back that the Ford f250 are the drug runners vehicle of choice; they are easy to steal, and they pay very well for the trucks; also parts for the trucks.

And over half of all sales of current classic cars around here end up in Mexico. Someone has one for sale, or gets approached about his car by a guy who says that is the car they always wanted, they had one before, his wife wants it, and so on. They are really brokers looking to fill a request. I personally have had clowns who could barely speak English come up to me in my garage about my firebird. Some of them get pretty persistent and demanding until I pick up the phone to call the cops, then they back away.

And, once down there, getting titles and registration for them is a few bribe dollars, except for the drug runners, who either get the title or kill clerks until they get it.

When Jorge's Pro Truck was stolen they found the trailer very near to the location where this trailer was found. The Pro Truck was would in a back yard within several miles of where trailer was located.

If there is a plate number for truck, I can call my Border Patrol buddy and ask them to keep an eye out for it. He was in a high speed chase Friday when I called to ask him to watch for this King Ranch truck.

Mark

;)

Good minds think alike.... Does anyone know how to get in touch with Bruce Mabrito? I spoke to my Border Patrol buddy already. He is just waiting for a plate #.

yea it would be nice from them really dumb again you know what I mean :P

Your scaring me now...

I need to push our GPS tracking device business... They are cool especially when you set a perimeter or home area. You can set them down to 100'... You can also program with secondary home areas while traveling... Sorry back to looking for the truck and car. I have read the article, but it said call 224-STOP. Sorry, but no thanks..... I would like to speak to Mr Price or Bruce directly. Or someone who knows plate #.

Archived