NASCAR Modified Rule Revision

HMP & THR Race Teams,

After further review and based upon feedback from racers, the HMP & THR Tech Director has made the following revision to the 2011 NASCAR Modified Rules:

Page 11

Engine Option 3 -- OPEN ENGINE

1. Penalties / Allowances

• Minimum weight 2650

• Maximum left side weight 57%

HMP’s goal is that any given engine option can finish up front on any given race day, all else being equal. HMP reserves the right to make adjustments within the current racing season to overall weight, or left side weight percentage, in the interests of equal competition between all engine options.

For any questions regarding the rules or tech, please contact Jack Sandefur at 512-281-5489.

Thank you very much Jack, HMP & THR. I know of several people who will be glad to hear the news. I also wanted to say I am very glad to eat my words when I was thinking no one listened to the racers. I was wrong, and happy to admit it.

Cory Lovell

"HMP’s goal is that any given engine option can finish up front on any given race day"

Certainly agree.

Is it possible to publish a spread sheet that shows the 2010 race results by engine option?

For example, could you take the existing 2010 HMP points/results spreadsheet and just add a C or 2 or O to the cars listed?

If that's too much trouble, would you consider adding that info (as you go) during 2011?

thanks

jay

"HMP’s goal is that any given engine option can finish up front on any given race day"

Certainly agree.

Is it possible to publish a spread sheet that shows the 2010 race results by engine option?

For example, could you take the existing 2010 HMP points/results spreadsheet and just add a C or 2 or O to the cars listed?

If that's too much trouble, would you consider adding that info (as you go) during 2011?

thanks

jay

I'd like to see that if possible myself.

Archived