BREAKING NEWS

debwill

I know this major change will generate a lot of questions, and hopefully I'll know most of the answers. Believe me, we've spent quite some time asking NASCAR tons of questions and making sure we understood the whole short track program. John at HMP has also been a huge help in telling us how the program works.

Please feel free to send your questions regarding this announcement to me at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com. I will try to answer all inquiries within a reasonable amount of time. If I don't know the answer, I'll find out from the folks at NASCAR.

great job.when will we see the payout info?? for thunderhill>>

Certainly not as quick as HMP, hats off to John and his staff; we too have been non stop since the last night of racing, negotiations on the reality show, getting the schedule completed for 2011, negotiations on the lease, rules meeting with teams and management team meetings, finalizing the 2011 rules, along with working on the NASCAR sanctioning agreement and joining forces with HMP. Now it's pretty well recognized that John has a handle on Marketing and Mary Ann does not!! I totally admit that and have admitted that every year I have taken on this race track! It"s truly the missing link!

We have a lot of exciting opportunities coming for our racers and teams in 2011 with the Reality Show, becoming a NASCAR Whelen All American Series track, both making for potentially new and larger corporate sponsors which can potentially increase payouts.

So, if I feel pressured to release the payouts at this time, it won't be nearly as pretty as HMP's. :( My priorities right now are to work on sponsorships and marketing of Thunderhill Raceway, prepare for our 2010 Awards Banquet and enjoy the holidays coming up with my incredibly supportive family, hope you all will too. :rolleyes:

Please, please give us some breathing room and enjoy the off season and BTW, what is off about the off season?!? LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.

Sincerely & Respectfully,

Mary Ann

Please, please give us some breathing room and enjoy the off season and BTW, what is off about the off season?!? LOL. Happy Thanksgiving.

that's certainly true and a fair request. Heck, I don't REALLY have to make a decision on which track I am headed for until the rig gets to the I 45 or I 35 split in Dallas :D

jay

that's certainly true and a fair request. Heck, I don't REALLY have to make a decision on which track I am headed for until the rig gets to the I 45 or I 35 split in Dallas :D

jay

With all the hard work Mary Ann and her staff and HMP have put forth to try to really build a strong, united racing program with NASCAR sanctioning and opportunity for national championship, we hope your rig will take the I45 exit one weekend and the I35 exit the next weekend then repeat. :D LOL

With all the hard work Mary Ann and her staff and HMP have put forth to try to really build a strong, united racing program with NASCAR sanctioning and opportunity for national championship, we hope your rig will take the I45 exit one weekend and the I35 exit the next weekend then repeat. :D LOL

I only have time and funding for 3 or 4 races per year. I'd have to hit the lotto to be able to race in Houston and Austin from Dallas for the full schedule(s) :D

jay

I believe that you only have to buy a license if it is a class that would be under the Nascar sanction. The track can only have 3 classes total to be under the Nascar banner. If I remember right the license is about $100 a year. It is well worth the price because of the insurance that is included in the license. As soon as you leave your "shop" to go to a race or anything to do racing; ie:appearance, sponsorship meeting, whatever, you are covered under the policy until you return back,

Modracer is correct.

Licenses will be required for the NASCAR Divisions only, as follows:

Featured Class (Division I), NASCAR Modifieds: $185

Support Divisions: NASCAR TSRS Late Models, NASCAR Trucks and NASCAR Super Stocks: $90

Here are some benefits of having a NASCAR license:

- Eligibility for end-of-year NASCAR points funds

- $1,050,000 in participant accident insurance (the same as provided for the Sprint Cup drivers!)

- Rule Book

- Annual Preview and Press Guides

- Exclusive discounts with participating NASCAR sponsors

- Discounts on NASCAR "Official Members" merchandise

- Access to NASCAR members website

- NASCAR pin and decal

"$1,050,000 in participant accident insurance (the same as provided for the Sprint Cup drivers!)"

Given the state of health care costs and compared to the limits of the ASA plan, this could be the biggest positive in the whole deal.

More and more of people's personal or company paid healthcare plans exclude racing Try to buy a million dollars of coverage on the open market that will include your being a race car driver for a yearly premium of $185.....not happening

JMO

jay

Archived