2011 Technical Rules for Thunderhill Raceway and TSRS

debwill

Shown below are the 2011 Thunderhill Raceway Technical Rules for the four local classes:

Super Stocks - THR2011SuperStockRules.pdf

Thunder Stocks - THR2011ThunderStockRules.pdf

Grand Stocks - THR2011GrandStockRules.pdf

Mini Stocks - THR2011MiniStockRules.pdf

Shown below are the TSRS (Texas Super Racing Series) Late Model Technical Rules. The TSRS Allison Legacys will use the official rulebook of the national Allison Legacy Racing Series organization.

TSRS Late Models - TSRS2011TechnicalRulesandRegulations.pdf

The Pro Modified and Pro Truck Technical Rules that apply to both Thunderhill Raceway and Houston Motorsports Park are shown below.

Pro Modifieds - THR2011ProModifiedRules.pdf

Pro Trucks - THR2011ProTruckRules.pdf

The changes are shown in red. Some of the suggestions that were submitted by the committees for each of the classes were used in these rules. Again, we thank you for your valuable input. Questions on these rules may be directed to Jack Sandefur, our Technical Director, at 512-281-5489.

The Race Procedures will be sent out in a few weeks, closer to the start of the 2011 racing season.

We look forward to seeing everyone at the Thunderhill Raceway/TSRS 2010 Awards Banquet on Saturday, January 29, 2011, at the Community Renaissance Market in South Austin.

12. Drivers must wear all THR required safety equipment: Fire suit, Neck Brace, Shoes, Gloves and

current industry standard approved Racing Helmet. A HANS, Hutchens, Defender, or D-Cel device

is also highly recommended.

13. An aluminum racing seat is required.

14. Five point racing type of seat belt (harness) with 3-inch belts, except that the sub belt may be a 2-

inch belt, with a quick release buckles are required and must be securely mounted to the roll cage.

• Seat belts (harness) must not be over 5 years old, dated from manufacturing date.

• All seat belts (harness) must have dated tab intact and be SFI approved.

15. Window nets of 1-inch web design and installed with a quick release are required in the driver's

side window.

• All window nets must have dated tab intact and be SFI approved

16. The steering wheel center must be padded.

Lots of changes safety wise but it says in the rules "highly recommended" on the Hans, etc.

A change was made on the Super Stock rules above on Page 2, as follows:

c. The bodies on the Camaros may be replaced with stock steel bodies from the 1982-1992 model Camaros

I had made a typo (previously showed 1988-1992).

I just love working on rules . . . not!!

We're currently trying to make a decision on running the SportMods at THR next year.

So far, only two cars have been registered for 2011. We plan to evaluate the number of registrations received by the deadline (December 1) to make our final decision.

1. 92 Jason Stanley

2. 5 Michael Umscheid

3. 11 Lyndon Kirk

4. 81 Daniel Sweeney

5. 17B Bruce Barber

6. 79 Cody Beddoe

7. 68 Rusty Head,

8. 21 Teresa Gural

9. 11T James Cates

10. 10D Don Painter

11. 27J Garrett Jonse

12. 51 Greg Rohmer

13. 82 Anthony Monroe

14. 15 Chris Swenson

15. 28 Shawn Paul Lehman

15 Car's for the spectacular..

Do i hear... 2011 Asphalt Sportmod Nationals..

I'm building an asphalt sportmod right now to run at Kyle and Corpus. It would be ashame to do away with this class. The sportmods are the fastest growing class there is. The sportmods have the 2 best assets a racer wants... They're fast and affordable! Since the season recently ended, it seems to be a little premature to judge by cars that have registered... even by Dec. 1st. I'm still gonna run my dirt sportmod at the dirt track, but it's pretty quick on asphalt, So Johnny Torres will be runnin that car at Kyle From time to time as well.

We're currently trying to make a decision on running the SportMods at THR next year.

So far, only two cars have been registered for 2011. We plan to evaluate the number of registrations received by the deadline (December 1) to make our final decision.

which two deb? i registered the 5 and 28. and lyndon was there and patricia.

Archived