Shane gray at Pomona

txtom

Shane Gray won the NHRA Pro Stock finale today at Pomona.

For those of us who go back a few years, his dad is Johnny Gray who ran several of the TROC races at TWS in the 80's. Johnny ran pretty good up there; I believe he ran second to Bobby Allison in one of them. Bought a few cars from J.D. Hughes.

Somebody made a comment towards the end of the show that Johnny Gray will be in a funny car next year. Thats cool. Force got his 15th in a nail-biter. Was a really good race to see. Not sure who was more excited, Force or Tasca. :lol:

Somebody made a comment towards the end of the show that Johnny Gray will be in a funny car next year.

That won't be Johnny's first go-round in Floppers. He ran his own team for a couple years in the early 2000's until a stint in the Worsham Blue car with CSK Auto.

I talk with him whenever I make a NHRA show; remember once asking what was more fun, 170 MPH into turn 1 at TWS, or 300 MPH is what looks a tunnel...he stated they both are a kick...

Johnny is full time racing now, having sold the energy companies he ran. They were family businesses he inherited from his Dad, and his sister was a partner.

They sold out all the energy companies in the past year for a paltry $1.6 BILLION+. Not a Typo.

Talk about a silver spoon.........

Archived