The SOS Opposite

Sport Action Cam http://www.sportactioncam.com/ is not only a faithful Lone Star Speedzone advertiser (see banner ad on the right), but owner Chris David also campaigns a NASCAR 360 Truck at Houston Motorsports Park.

Racers supporting racers. That's what it's all about.

Nick

Yea , can you make those ads a little smaller , they are blocking some of my veiw , you see i dont know what im writing sometimes cause I cant see it , Thanks.

Same here...and several people I know have told me they have the same problem...

I know the advertising is needed , but someone needs to figure out how to fix it, it keeps from

being able to read the classified posts

Yea , can you make those ads a little smaller , they are blocking some of my veiw , you see i dont know what im writing sometimes cause I cant see it , Thanks.

Actually, I can't make the ads smaller. The software that handles the ads is not part of the forum software.

The problem can be fixed if you reset your screen resolution in your Windows "control panel."

Nick

Actually, I can't make the ads smaller. The software that handles the ads is not part of the forum software.

The problem can be fixed if you reset your screen resolution in your Windows "control panel."

Nick

That is actually on the users side not the website. Use a smaller font and then you will be able to see everything you type.

how many pure stocks were there, stephan?

I hope our class becomes a permanent part of the annual event. We were three away from the 24. I suspect the drivers there enjoyed the larger field also as they usually have about 10 cars in the Pure class. I viewed the combination of cars much like the HOT Fall Classic where there are some limits, but it opens the opportunity for a one time race where cars from different tracks can run together and not make changes which would discourage them from making the haul. Without that, it would have been the 10 or so local cars. I would never encourage it on a weekly deal, but for a one time post season deal, it worked well, just like the HOT Fall Classic works well, and I sure hope Johnny will consider this again for next year. This was not a horsepower track, but a driver track and I like 'em all.

I will also say I have never been on a track where i had to be so alert every second thru the turns and the straights also. I say that in a positive way as I had to stay focused every milli-second as throttle control combined with smooth braking was key. I want to thank my daughter Lauren for offering her car to me for the event and letting me get my racing fix. Having not raced her car, I felt i would be rusty, but the event sure woke me up and I led 8 laps in my heat on Friday and bobbled just a bit on lap 9 and was passed to end up with a 2nd in the heat. Got in the show from the qualifier with the last transfer spot on Friday. I like all kinds of tracks for variety and challenge and this was different for me and sure fun . We have repairs to do from the feature (I promise it will be good as used Lauren), but it was just something no one could avoid. I think we had a top 3 car with the additional changes we made for Saturday and given how the car was sticking and getting off the turns so straight.

I love the idea of a track doing this type of thing for a post season event and would encourage other teams to think about going if we get the opportunity again next year. This will really test your driving skills. I was very proud of the 149, 186, 1 and us on how we all got our cars dialed in over the course of the weekend. Overall, I think we represented our area well with good sportsmanship and honestly Stephan was simply the best car on the track for this race and it showed at the end. Good time with several friends and new friends. Also, want to thank Adam for his grilling of everything from pork chops to sausage to T-Bones. Yum, Yum. If we get the chance again, I'd likely add a couple of days to my trip to enjoy some of the sights in the area.

-Monty

Two hours before hot laps. No wrecks nor cautions on Thursday, (1) car wrecked Friday w/ stuck throttle only a couple of cautions, Saturday 2 (30) lap B Mains zero cautions, 1 (50) lap Main Event 1 caution.

post-3-1289826531.jpg

post-3-1289826535.jpg

Only two cautions on a dryslick black track . hmmmm. Probably not many blown motors either i would guess.

Archived