2011 Sportmod rules

gen11

I agree with you JC you have to go thru the corners and yes I like big power down the straights I like fast race cars, not half fast race cars

supertx,

Corner? Is he talking about that minor inconvenience where you turn the wheel slightly left then right? That is just part of the straightaway so we like your big horsepower.

Thanks Chip I'm glad to see some one still likes horsepower and thinks turns are no more than an minor problem.That's the difference in sprint cars and taxi cabs lol

Been to quite a few sprint car races the past two season helping one of the top ASCS teams in the nation and i seem to remember us working on the car to help it get thru the turns better as well. Like i said that was with a sprint car. Im sitting here wondering if you guys ever work on the chassis side of the racecars......let me know. Have a wonderful day

I have done some chassis work. I got tired of Denny and Raymond kicking my a-- so I had to learn something. I really do not want to get into an argument because I doubt you will change my mind and I doubt I will change your mind. I am not really sure anybody has ever had their mind changed about anything on here. I do not like the crate just because it takes away part of the joy of racing. I like the engine work more than the chassis work. Even if it proved to save money (which will be argued forever and nobody has come close to convincing me of that) I still do not like it. To me that is the same as a series giving you mounting points, toe in measurement, spring rates, shocks, ride heigth, caster, camber and pinion angle settings and tell you to come race. That would take away a lot of what you seem to enjoy about racing.

As far as the cost, I can build a better engine for less money for my own car. I would not do it for others at the same price. Just like you can probably build a shock for less than I can buy one. You will do that for your own car but you would mark it up if you did it for me. I think they should take away the expensive shocks and leave the engines alone. Others see the opposite. Just part of what makes the racing world go around.

Archived