DRIVERS SEMINAR--SPONSORSHIP AND CAR SET-UP

i37DirtTrackMama

We have the driver seminar details firmed up. We will be having the seminar at the Wiffel Tree Steak and Seafood restaurant at 1347 W. Oaklawn. This restaurant is located between Pleasanton and Jourdaton on Hwy 97 on the south side of the hiway next to the Pizza Hut. They will have their doors open for us at 5:30 so you can come early order a meal if you like. They have a full menu from hamburgers to steaks (including beer and wine coolers!). We will have our own room for the meeting with the actual seminar starting at approx 7:00.

The subjects that will be covered include sponsorship aquisition, car set-up and driving techniques. This will be very helpful for all new drivers as well as experienced drivers. If you know of someone who does not usually check out LSS, pass the word. We are doing this to help the drivers where ideas and knowledge will be shared to make the I-37 Raceway experience even better. It will also be a nice social time to get together with other racers.

Everyone is welcome; come have a nice evening with your Saturday nite buddies on a Friday night where you don't have to think about loading or unloading a car!!!

Hope to see you there. RSVP's are not necessary but if you know you are coming we would like to get an approx number; either post or call. If questions, give Jim a call at 210-478-0111

WE ARE GOING TO BE THERE JIM HAS ASKED US TO GIVE SOME INFO :D AND IM NOT SURE IF I KNOW ANYMORE THAN ANY OF YOU BUT I WILL SHARE WHAT I HAVE SEEMS HOW BOB HARRIS (RACETECH)WILL NOT BE COMING TO TEXAS THIS YEAR DO TO THE ECONOMY :blink::o SO HOPEFULLY WE CAN GO THERE AND SHARE SOME NOTES AND HAVE A GOOD TIME ;) SEE YA ALL THERE GREG

Is there a cost for this?

There is no cost for it. The Wiffle Tree restaurant has offered us a private room for the meeting at no charge but we are in hopes of 25 meals to make it work for them so plan to come and eat if you can work it in.

As Greg mentioned we have asked him to share some of his racing experience with the drivers which he has agreed to. We have a couple of other speakers we are talking with to complete the program. More details to follow.

What a BLAST!!! Great idea, and sounds like good times! Good luck Greg, never known you to comfortable in front of a crowd unless you're in your car!!!! You might want to bring Jay with you to provide the play-by-play....... Just sayin. ;)

Want to remind everyone of the seminar on Friday night. If anyone has questions, give Jim a call; we plan to be there by 5:30. Remember everyone is welcome so bring any a friend or fan of the track.

Who ever can, please plan to come early and order from the menu. The Wiffle Tree is providing the meeting room at no charge so let's support them by purchasing our Friday night meal. The also have beer and wine coolers.

it was good...I liked the whole idea....I think in the future I think it could be even better if the drivers came with a few questions on what they wanted to learn. I am really lacking in the whole sponsorship area...and that was my favorite part of the meeting. I am glad the track was willing to try something like this, thanks to all who helped put this on...AJ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived