2011 NASCAR 360 Truck Rules

As a reminder...in 2011, the NASCAR 360 Trucks will have a $5000 points fund. Now I know what you’re thinking…where did the other $5000 that was in the points fund for this year go? Here is where it goes…for 2011, the NASCAR 360 Trucks will run the full 18 race season. For FIVE of those races, the purse will be $850 to Win and $200 to Start. In addition, for the other 13 races, the regular published purse for this year will remain for next year but with NO minimum truck count required for full purse. The purse is the purse regardless of truck count. Finally, for SpeedFest, the Purse will be $1500 to Win and $250 to Start

OK, excuse the old dirt trackers ignorance. The rule is:

Any OEM solid sway bar that mounts in the stock location, without alteration, may be used. No hollow or racing sway bars allowed.

Of the 90%+ of the sway bars currently on trucks that were on the track last year, which category of the two listed above (OEM vs. aftermarket) do their swaybars fall into?

And Dale (Legfixr), good thing you had already planned on removing the bumpstops....

Any OEM solid sway bar that mounts in the stock location, without alteration, may be used. No hollow or racing sway bars allowed.

Of the 90%+ of the sway bars currently on trucks that were on the track last year, which category of the two listed above (OEM vs. aftermarket) do their swaybars fall into?

And Dale (Legfixr), good thing you had already planned on removing the bumpstops....

I saw a mixture of OEM bars, aftermarket OEM replacement bars, and maybe a couple racing (slapper style) bars on trucks. Ours is an original OEM bar. Can't speak for anyone else.

I think what they mean is OEM for that make and model of car. I had to get a sway bar through Day Motorsports last year after our wreck. COuldn't find one in a junk yard. It is a STOCK OEM sway bar for a 78-82 Monte Carlo. Thinking after market means fabbed bars with longer arms etc.

Thinking after market means fabbed bars with longer arms etc.

Not necessarily. You have to be careful with OEM replacement stuff. OEM in its strictest sense means "original equipment manufacturer" - meaning made by GM. If you order a bar from Day or whatever that was made by ADDCO for example to OEM specs, is that OEM or not? I'm not suggesting yes or no either way, but I'd call Jack and ask before I made an assumption.

So if Jack says "OEM means it was made by GM", then pretty much every swaybar under every truck is illegal then, correct? Or not?

And does the swaybar have to match make and model? Can I pull a swaybar out of a truck and put it on this metric chassis?

Be easy on me guys. This is new to me. If you want to talk 4-bar adjustments, birdcage indexing, brake floaters, pull-bars, etc. I'm in familar territory.

Swaybars, RR springs heavier than LR, etc.... that's stuff I need to learn :huh:

So if Jack says "OEM means it was made by GM", then pretty much every swaybar under every truck is illegal then, correct? Or not?

Nope - ours is a GM bar. Not sure about anybody else's - never looked that close.

By the way, if anybody needs a GM bar, I've got one I'll sell. :lol:

It's a small one, but at least it's GM. I think it's a 7/8" bar.

Nope - ours is a GM bar. Not sure about anybody else's - never looked that close.

By the way, if anybody needs a GM bar, I've got one I'll sell. :lol:

It's a small one, but at least it's GM. I think it's a 7/8" bar.

Didn't even know you could still get those parts at the Chevy Dealer......I learned something today!! :o

if a truck is not either chassis brand but has been approved by jack to run during the 2010 season is it still "legal" for 2011?

i am refering to the 76 truck. jack and i both measured the main roll bar to the centerline of the rear axle and it fell within the ARTS rules. would hate to spend several thousand dollars and then been told sorry you cant race.

Archived