Thumbs Up to Wade Jones

texana55

I try to pay attention to things at a race, and I just wanted to give a Thumbs Up on Wade Jones. I witnessed first hand last weekend why he is the track champ at I-37. Wade was on the 8"wheels and tires last weekend at SOS and was at a significant disadvantage on the wetter track Saturday. Of course that is how it all worked out with the various rules running together with home track rules, but it was obvious he is a talent behind the wheel and did his all in hanging with the bigger tires. I think on a dryer track he would have been a definte top 2 or 3. Just the way the chips fell on this one. Anyway, I was impressed and I think he got 6th..??

Good representative of I-37 in my opinion!

Time flew by and I didn't get to go and talk to him direct in the pits over the weekend, although I wish I would have. Don't know if he is or not, but if he goes to the valley this weekend, he should be a definite contendor a win there, from what I've seen thus far.

Thank you Monty, that will put a smile on any racer any day lol. Yes I finished 6th, I was running 4th when the 3rd place car got a little sideways in turn one I checked up and the car behind gave me a little push sending me into the 3rd place car spinning him around so I got sent to the back, but no hard feelings we were bumber to bumber racing hard and stuff happens. and I'm sure I would of called it the same way. But in all I had a good time considering the conditions. The track would of been great with a dry bottom ;) and I'm almost positive I can't get off of work this weekend so goodluck to everyone!

I will have to add to that. He did do a swell job after being sent to the rear for no contact to another car. Also to the 96 car that started in the rear and finished 3rd. Both cars from I37.
I sure didn't feel any contact what so ever just my rear bumber being smashed and spoiler bent in. Congrats 96 you drove a hell of a race.

Yea I enjoyed like hell racing you both. It seemed throughout the race coming from the back I had you and charlie around me at all times. But through it all at least the 3 of us managed to not hit and smash our way from the back. Cant say I had the same luck with others but in my chair it was all tough tight racing. We look fwd to joining the street stocks of i37 and putting on a show there.

Yea I enjoyed like hell racing you both. It seemed throughout the race coming from the back I had you and charlie around me at all times. But through it all at least the 3 of us managed to not hit and smash our way from the back. Cant say I had the same luck with others but in my chair it was all tough tight racing. We look fwd to joining the street stocks of i37 and putting on a show there.

It's great to see the car counts at i37 coming back up. We only had four at start of season and 10-12 towards the end. Glad you made the decision to come race at i37 and anyways it's two hours closer for you lol. B)

Archived