Pole-sitter James Buescher has early TMS Nationwide trouble

POLE SITTER BUESCHER HAS TROUBLE EARLY IN TEXAS

Fort Worth, Texas (November 6, 2010) – James Buescher started the O’Reilly Challenge at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS) from the pole position Saturday afternoon. The 20-year-old Plano, TX native that grew up just 30 minutes from TMS had won at every track on the TMS property except the 1.5 mile oval and was looking to back up his pole position with a win at the ‘big track’.

Buescher won the pole with a speed of 189.281 mph and lap time of 28.529 edging Kevin Harvick by .032 of a second. It would mark first NASCAR Nationwide Series Pole Award for team owner and Texas native Steve Turner and the second Pole Award for Buescher in his 22 race career.

With expectations set, the No. 30 Wolfpack Energy Services Chevrolet quickly jumped out to an early lead when the green flag fell for the O’Reilly Challenge Saturday afternoon. With a 10 car length lead just three laps in Buescher began to feel the No. 30 Wolfpack Energy Services Chevrolet pick up a tight handling condition. Within 21 laps, Buescher slipped back to the 10th position as the tight condition worsened. By lap 30, Buescher radioed to the crew that something was definitely wrong. In the 20th position, Buescher began working his way to the bottom of the racetrack so that he could bring the ill-handling No. 30 to the attention of the Turner Motorsports crew.

Just then, the right front tire gave and Buescher slammed the turn three outside wall hard. Buescher brought the car behind the wall for repairs but the damage was too great and he would finish 37th.

“It was an unfortunate day for the Wolfpack Energy Services crew,” Buescher said after the race. “We had a right front going down slowly and I was just trying to nurse it back to pit lane there when it went down and we hit the wall. The Wolfpack Energy Services Chevrolet was fast today. I think we were a top-5 contender before we had the right front go down on us. This was a really great effort from everyone at Turner Motorsports and I think it shows what we are capable of for next year.”

Archived