48 team out

Kathy

Not if you're the Cowbabys.....you fire the coach......LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Besides this isn't a stick/ball sport......PLUS......they didn't call up other guys on the 48 team they called the 24 team.....like the Rangers calling up an Astros player because their pitchers were geting shelled in the World Series....

An old adage comes to mind....."Ya dance with who brought ya."

I still say if the teams change, the points go too......

Kurt Bush went into the last race of the season a few years ago as the points leader and his crew left lug nuts loose and lost the rf wheel. Dont remember seeing Rousch swap kurts crew with kenseths crew. BTW, Kurt won the championship, with the team that got him there. Stock car racing has always been a teamwork sport.

Don't remember who asked/made the comment, but if JJ gets in Gordons car Gordon gets the points because he started the race. This happens all the time with drivers being injured or sick. Start the race then turn it over to someone eelse to finish it. I can remeber a few years ago Jr crashed and was out of the race. Later crybaby was in a wreck not as bad and left the track having one of his tantrums and Kyles crew got his car back together and Jr finished the race for him b/c Kyle was nowhere to be found. Kyle still got the points.

Don't remember who asked/made the comment, but if JJ gets in Gordons car Gordon gets the points because he started the race. This happens all the time with drivers being injured or sick. Start the race then turn it over to someone eelse to finish it. I can remeber a few years ago Jr crashed and was out of the race. Later crybaby was in a wreck not as bad and left the track having one of his tantrums and Kyles crew got his car back together and Jr finished the race for him b/c Kyle was nowhere to be found. Kyle still got the points.

Imagine that! Cry Baby had a temper tantrum. BooHoo go blow your nose.

I still say if the teams change, the points go too......

That would totaly eliminate twenty years of my life working on several cars at a time. There were times when a choice was made on which car I worked on based on need of hands and I had to be back filled - as well as i got the majority of my oportunity to part of the sport by being the backfiller...

Whats the difference?

Whats the difference?

Local short track vs. NA$CAR.....lol

And Suitcase Jake Elder's elustrius career would be where?

I was a tech inspector for 2 of the five years that I held NASCAR Winston West credentials. To avoid conflict while at a track I was inspecting for, I did little or no track work on the cars - but lots of shop work on those cars as well lots of track work the other three years and as such at 4 of the series tracks they ran, often helping anyone who needed a hand - yes short track (except Riverside and in scale of the series Pheonix) - but also very political just as the big series was then, so not really ALL local short track. The talent has to come from somewhere - I am glad to see it come from dedicated tech schools for the most part (simply becuase the schools made it possible for talent to find teams as well as teams to find talent) - but lets not exclude the school of hard knocks (the ONLY school the talent came from when I was growing up - there simply were no racing tech schools then!) - that school has brought MOST of the talent currently in the upper levels - there should always be room for the parts washer to work his way up with experience rather than classroom! You start tying points to the guys other than the driver and owner (maybe crewchief SHOULD be in there - but I would be totally on the fence for that discussion), but no way for the over the wall gang, the garage help and the shop help. It would close too many doors for too many up and comings.

Well it looks like that 24 crew did a good job for the 48 today. He made up some ground in the points and didn't run out of fuel like he always had in the past with his crew. Looks like those 24 guys know how to stuff the fuel in.

My kid and I were laughing when we were watching the telemetry on nascar dot com. With 30 to go, knowing they were about 10 out of the "window", I posed my what I would do scenario of dropping off pace and staying out betting Hamlin would not do the same and have more to earn back that was given up (simple math - 38 seconds to stop under green vs 2 seconds per lap for 15 laps leaves 8 second margin on the table)- so we were looking to see what Chad would do (so my kid could laugh at me if I did not "know it all") - for the last 15 laps Johnson was never hitting more than 50% throttle! Not the crew's doing there - that was crewchief trust and (mostly) driver discipline! But it helped not having to make up 7 seconds on the track (7 stops by a second slower each stop) as he was only 3 or so seconds ahead of hamlin (who was still gaining) at the end.

Good thing no debris mysteriously appeared in turn 3 with 5 to go!

Well it looks like that 24 crew did a good job for the 48 today. He made up some ground in the points and didn't run out of fuel like he always had in the past with his crew. Looks like those 24 guys know how to stuff the fuel in.

My kid and I were laughing when we were watching the telemetry on nascar dot com. With 30 to go, knowing they were about 10 out of the "window", I posed my what I would do scenario of dropping off pace and staying out betting Hamlin would not do the same and have more to earn back that was given up (simple math - 38 seconds to stop under green vs 2 seconds per lap for 15 laps leaves 8 second margin on the table)- so we were looking to see what Chad would do (so my kid could laugh at me if I did not "know it all") - for the last 15 laps Johnson was never hitting more than 50% throttle! Not the crew's doing there - that was crewchief trust and (mostly) driver discipline! But it helped not having to make up 7 seconds on the track (7 stops by a second slower each stop) as he was only 3 or so seconds ahead of hamlin (who was still gaining) at the end.

Good thing no debris mysteriously appeared in turn 3 with 5 to go!

Hey, I'm a Gordon fan - so I'm giving them the credit. :lol:;)

Archived