48 team out

Kathy

with the money that's on the line I totally agree. If your in business and you have an employee that is not cutting it you replace them. In any other sport you have extra players on the sideline that can fill in if one is not playing their best. These over the wall guys need to realize that just like any other business if their not cutting it then they'll get cut. I would have loved to be in that monday post race meeting

I just have one question, if one crew is swapped for another when that crew is slow on a couple of stops.. why aren't drivers swapped when they don't finish where their crew chiefs think they should? Personally I think its a slap in the face of the entire crew, just my opinion...

nightmoves99, I am not a fan of HMS, but I like your comment regarding pulling a driver if he ain't winning. I can give you one name right now that should be "yanked" and have a fresh butt put in that seat, but that will never happen. As for the crew swap, that is a slap in the face. What a morale breaker. I understand it's not about racing anymore, it's about the MONEY!!! The 48 team has managed 4 Championships together and now all of a sudden they suck so bad they swap teams. I'm just glad I didn't get replaced cause our mini-stock didn't have a good day at the track :lol: Guess we'll see how it goes. I'm pulling for an RCR victory this year. JMO. Lenny66 B)

A slap in the face yes, but this has been going on for awhile this season so a deserved slap. They had chances to improve but when they are counted on most here in the chase their performance has been bad. Good move by Hendrick but may not matter with the way the 11 is running.

business decison plain and simple. They are all employed by Hendrick and JJ is in the hunt, Gordon isnt. Step up or move aside period. What if the crew were to cost them the championship?

No, you stick with YOUR team. You win with your team and loose with your team. Switching crews on a team in a race is backstabbing your crews. It's Hendrick though, they can do whatever they want. They knew they are getting beat and then have to do that chicken Sh%$ crap? 48 team just showed they are week in that department.

If it was planned before the race. No. If it wasn't, Yes. Even if it's the owners decision, that's not right. Win as a team, loose as a team. It's not illeagal to do in nascar but not right and fair. It's like saying JJ car blew a motor and he jumps in gordons car.

Whatever. I don't think you can jump in another car like that anyway. Seeing how they have back ups and all there isn't a need.

I don't think it's any different than how they do in football or any other sport. If you ain't cutting it, you get benched.

Ok, how many of the crew members helped Jimmie win Championships? I know for the longest time the "Rainbow Warriors" were the pit crew you wanted to be on. Those guys back then did some serious training. When my buddy worked for Hendricks he would see those guys working out hardcore. I haven't kept up since he is no longer with them, so I have no clue with their regiment would be?

I think Chad should have told the boss thanks but NO THANKS... Then again he is the boss so Mr "PC" didn't want to chance losing his job...

Think I remember not that long ago that jeffy and a few others totaled there cars on the first lap of the winston. Got back up cars out under red, rushed thru tech, and won the race. Dont see that as fair, but its what Nascar does. I know there are rule exemptions, Im just sayin, speculation and some odd "issues" has surounded Hendrick since the mid 90's. No question they have alot of talent, just some real strange decisions.

Oh but if its football we leave the lineman who's letting the QB get hammerred in? In basketball we leave the forward who is not hitting anything in? In baseball we don't pull a pitcher when he starts throwing wild?

You can't be 1-2 full seconds off on every stop and expect to stay in the game. Besides that how do we know someone did not PAY them to be slow and cause JJ to lose track position every stop.... hmm now THERES a conspiracy theory for ya.

A real team player is one who will move aside when someone else is better faster and more efficient - without whining about it. Seems the 48 crew are better team players than some of the folks commenting on this board and on the NASCAr forums and talk shows. Does it suck - yes. But a championship that sets a standard that will probably NEVER be matched is on the line!

Archived