Larry Fitzsimmons 2010 USST National Series Champ

USST National Series Crowns the 2010 Champion

The United States Super Trucks Presented by 360Flooring.com proudly announces the crowning of Larry Fitzsimmons of East Bethel, MN as the 2010 USST National Series Champion. He takes the Crown from 2009 National Champion, Jesse Williams from Hickory Flat, MS. Winning the two Milwaukee Mile Races, finishing 2nd at Nashville Super Speedway and wrapping up the season with a 3rd place finish at North Wilkesboro, Larry finished 63 points ahead of 2nd Place Finisher, 14 year old Camden Murphy from Itasca, IL.

post-3-1289183028.jpg

Larry Fitzsimmons and crew. USST photo.

Larry Fitzsimmons stated: “2010 has been a very good year for me. Not only winning the United States Super Truck National Series Championship, I had the pleasure of working for a great Racing Team out of Nashville TN. I want to thank my Crew Chief JR Wiest, who was great to work with. I also want to thank my Crew Members William R Smith, Larry Moore and Jimmy Flatt because without them I could not have gotten everything done that needed to be done. I want to thank my wife Sylvia for supporting my racing endeavors throughout this racing year. I would like to thank all of my sponsors: J&D Chassis, Roxbury Transmissions, Raceday Graphics, Superior Sandblasting & Painting, and Embroidery Creations. This Championship goes my Mother who passed away 2 years ago. She is the one who got me into racing and supported me all the way.”

JR Wiest, Crew Cheif for the #33 Super Truck of Larry Fitzsimmons and owner of J&D Chassis, would like to thank some of the people who have made this kind of success possible. Debbie Wiest, JR’s wife deserves the first big thank you! Special thanks are extended to drivers Larry Fitzsimmons (2010 USST National Champion) and Allen Carter, Wayne “Smitty” Smith (#33 Truck Owner), Larry Moore, Clint Carter, JoAnne Carter, Gary F., Bob Fletcher, Barry Clapp, Steve Maybury, and the best spotter in racing, Mr. Jimmy Flatt. JR and the gang would also like to thank its sponsors for helping the make the 2010 season run smoothly. J&D Chassis, RaceDayGraphics.com, Embroidery Creations, Lightning Light Bodies, Superior Powdercoat, WAR Shocks, and Rural Metro Ambulance.

"Back to Back National Championships is a great way to start in a new series. 2009 and 2010 have been great years. You can be sure J&D Chassis will be back in 2011 to go for the Three-Peat!" Stated JR.

Third Place finisher Joey Shuryan from Mooresville, NC only finished 4 point behind second place. Just a mere 3 points separated the 4th - 6th Place Finishers of Scott Sigman, Ryan Lynch, and Eric Caudell. Kyle Ivey, Bill Collins, Jeff Babb, and Tommy Climer wrap up the top 10. We can only hope that the racing action continues to be this competitive in 2011, and if the racers and fans reaction to our events this year has been any indication, we look forward to an even better 2011.

We would also like to congratulate Paul Schaffer, 2010 USST Great Lakes Series Champion and Brad Queen, 2010 USST South Series Champion on their success this year.

The United States Super Trucks would like to thank all its Sponsors, especially Tittle Sponsor 360Flooring.com and Owner Travis Siebert for their support. Without the support of these great Companies, Series like the USST would not be possible. Once again a special thanks to Safety Kleen, Lincoln Welders, ARBodies, Joes Racing Products, Rod End Supply, Circle Racing Wheels, The Joie of Seating, Quarter Master, JE Pistons, Bassett Wheels, and Engine/Speed Pro.

A Special Thank You to the 70 Teams that participated this year in the USST National, Great Lakes and South Series. Thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you in 2011.

The USST National Series is currently working on its 2011 National Championship Schedule and we look forward to another exciting year of Super Truck Racing across the country. For more information on the United States Super Trucks please visit www.usstracing.com.

Archived