Thank You Mickey Helms, Aaron Ivory, Butch King and Chris Shafer

We were caught in the restart wreck on Friday night. Ended up with the nose damaged pretty good and the front frame horns bent. Of the whole thing, we hated that happened to Tony as he had a definite front runner and that wreck took him out for the weekend. Butch King and Chris Shafer helped us straighten out the body and small tubing under the nose. Mickey "the racers friend" Helms came in Saturday evening and jumped right in like a magician and quickly straightened the frame horns. Aaron Ivory helped us realign the radiator brackets and put things all back together. We wrapped it up to make it out for round 2 of track packing..... Thank you all for helping us out!! We couldn't have made it withuot our friends!!

We made it thru Saturday night pretty good with only a couple of minor scrapes and an 11th place finish... Lauren decided that was a high enough note to end her season with, and has contracted me to wheel the car at the Pure Stock Nationals next weekend in the Valley.

Hey I helped pull the fan and radiator. LOL nothing to gripe about. Just messing with ya Monty. But yes Mickey is one hell of a friend to have when it comes down to things like that. I learned everything I know from 5 years of helping him set up different cars. Straighten cars and anything else that pertained to racing. Even went to a few out of town races where we had to change motors in the car inside the trailer while we had 60mph winds and dust flying around outside. But all in all him and a few of the other guys are great to be around and great to know.

Hey I helped pull the fan and radiator. LOL nothing to gripe about. Just messing with ya Monty. But yes Mickey is one hell of a friend to have when it comes down to things like that. I learned everything I know from 5 years of helping him set up different cars. Straighten cars and anything else that pertained to racing. Even went to a few out of town races where we had to change motors in the car inside the trailer while we had 60mph winds and dust flying around outside. But all in all him and a few of the other guys are great to be around and great to know.

Oops. Dang, sorry I forgot that. In all my nervousness everything was almost a blur... When it was pointed out to me that the frame horns had a slight wrinkle, and noticing that the center link was hitting the cross member, the first thing I thought was to call Mickey on Saturday to get his guidance. He is really amazing how he can get things fixed so quickly. I couldn't get him to take a cent for his work, and have seen him time and time again pull racers out of a jam. While he's known as the chief of "Last Minute Racing", i dubbed him "The Racers Friend" a few years ago as I stood back and observed him week after week helping people. And now I must say, I have been the lucky recipient of his generousity twice, counting this last weekend.

Archived