HMP 2011 Rules

HMP Race Teams,

The 2011 rules are available for NASCAR Late Models, Pro Stocks and Ecostocks. The NASCAR Modified and NASCAR 360 Truck rules will be available by the end of next week. To view the rules, please click the following links:

NASCAR LATE MODELS

PRO STOCKS

ECOSTOCKS

Stay tuned for some exciting sponsorship and racing announcements for the 2011 season. As a reminder, the first race at HMP in 2011 is the "Sweetheart Stock Car Showdown" on February 12th which features a $700 Win and $200 start Pro Stock feature plus NASCAR Modifieds, NASCAR Late Models, NASCAR 360 Trucks, Ecostocks and Bandoleros. Better get those cars ready because 2011 is packed with good stuff!

dry sump legal ?...cubic inch limit ? motor height spec ?

The way I read it is anything goes that pertains to the engine as long as you run a 390 carb. But the motor must be in the same location as the other alternatives.

I don't know if it will work, you can already spin the tires off the corner with a ct400. Add 200hp and take away corner speed, it will be interesting to see if it works.3/8 mile not sure but a track like san Antonio hell ya.

good move hmp, stagger i guess you never saw the super late models in the romco and usra days run at houston. i think most of the the pro lates at houston are former super late models with a crate motor. but the open motors can still put down the power with the 10" tires. the option seems to work pretty well with the pro mods in houston and kyle.

good move hmp, stagger i guess you never saw the super late models in the romco and usra days run at houston. i think most of the the pro lates at houston are former super late models with a crate motor. but the open motors can still put down the power with the 10" tires. the option seems to work pretty well with the pro mods in houston and kyle.

Actually JRfan, Jason's got a point. Romco was 2600lbs and 58% left side weight. That extra 200hp can make up the 160lb difference in weight, but it won't help the decrease in left side weight which translates to slower corner speed. If you come off the corner slower than the crates, you have to accellerate faster. HP will help, but only if you can get it to the ground. The point Jason was making is that he can already spin the tires coming off the turn with 400hp. Go back and look at Romco times. They're not that much faster than the crates and they will now be 160lbs heavier and 1% less left side weight. I say it's going to be interesting to see which works best, but I sure wouldn't sell my crate just yet.

i think eddy wallace has the track record at a 13.81 greg davidson had it at 13.86 if memory serves correct

We reset the record to that around 2003 or so, but that was not the end record. I know it was the new car.

I don't know off hand what the actual record is, but I do know that Brandon Bendele went 13.739 on May 22, 2004.

Archived