Poll Question - New Class at Texana?

TRP

If you want to be stock then consider factory fuel injection.All cars have been injected for the last 20-30 years.Nothing cheaper than that plus decient power.Overhead cams as well.

last carbureted car in the US was the suburu justy in 1988.

15" vac is causing alot of people not to build purestocks like monty said keep cheap if its 15" you cant call that stock much 18 will bring more cars their to race just for thought

Hmm hell with them rules I can run my 149 motor it pulls 20 inches. Cant wait!

how can 15 or 16" be considered stock

worn out rings, poor ignition timing, vacuum leak at the manifold, burnt valve, flat cam..ect...ect.....shall I go on

• 3 weeks later...
Something else to think about is max width 8 inch wheels. Min air pressure 15 lbs. Must run stock springs. Put a $20 claim on each shock. Chassis controls the overall speed and what they are capable of. As far as aftermarket parts meant for racing be in the drivers best interest to run aluminum racing radiator, racing pullies / fan, spark plug wires, solid motor mounts and vacuum around 18 is good at 1000. Allow any tire they want on a 8 inch wheel. That allows them to pickup used tires off of limiteds and mods for next to nothing. Tires can make or break the class because of investment. I would make the winning purse like $125 but give a good start money like $30. Something else is if you want this class to take off and never look back then let the driver in free w no registeration for the entire first year. You will have so many damn cars and crew members paying for the purse wouldnt be an issue plus you then have an instant base/group of cars for good car counts. You should not be able to down grade a current street stock rules need to be a big difference between each other. Also make them a two seater class. Incourage with a weight break to run 305's and 350's give a weight penalty.

jmo. i found out a total stock suspension is very dangerous. and tires do make a hell of a difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Any more thoughts on this class? Help me out fella's.

Is there enough interest for this class to run?

How are SOS pure stock rules coming along? Are there any people

building cars for the class? Maybe we can incorporate the rules for both tracks

together to let these racer's run at both tracks?

What do yall think?????

...... Maybe we can incorporate the rules for both tracks

together to let these racer's run at both tracks?

What do yall think?????

That would be wise.............

Also, probably a bit late to pursue for 2011, but would highly encourage monitoring how the new Eco Class does at Battleground. It did well at HMP and is now a new class for 2011 at Battleground. I believe this will be a money maker for that track and attract new racers. Real cheap to get into for the first time racer with a claim on the entire car, and looks like it will be a quick money maker for the track with low overhead.

Ditto on eco stocks. Another v8 bomber class is just redundant. Ecos are 4 and 6 cyl front wheel drives that are plentiful. Cars are easy to build, 4 point cage, racing seat and belts and go racing. Everything is stock, no modifications, Thunderhill and I-37 also run versions of these cars. Go to Battleground or Houston Motorsports Park web page for houston area rules.

Archived