Poll Question - New Class at Texana?

TRP

Just trying to get a topic started on a new class we are looking to start at TRP.

Seeing if there is any interest in having this class.

The class would be a true Bomber or true "pure stock" class.

These are (some) of the specs we are looking at,

Ford or GM only, car or trucks.

355 cu. in. MAX

Stock rods and pistons only, 350 cfm carb only (Holley # 0-7448)

Stock intake and exhaust manifolds (cast iron only)

21" vacuum @ 1000 rpm

3600lbs min.

Hoosier Dirt Bozz tires

This class will be for youth moving up from mini stocks and adults too.

Is there anyone interested in running this class?

This is a good, cheap, entry level class.

Vac.rule is to high...if a motor was stock...but wore out..it wouldnt pass...

weight is to high..just promotes people building tanks...

tire rule to expensive...street or maybe g60 tires

carb rule to exclusive (and expensive)....not hardly any other tracks could come and run....I say stock carb (2gc)...and really the 4412 is not bad...small cams will limit air induction.

JMO....

I personally think the FWD class would be a fastrer growing class...more of these cars around....I know people say they rut up the track...but I37 has been smooth when I was there..and they have this class...so was HOT and KILLEEN....

but on a second note...I am putting 2 of my kids into pure stock...lol and plan to get fwd for another....already have gocart for last one....

Vac.rule is to high...if a motor was stock...but wore out..it wouldnt pass...

weight is to high..just promotes people building tanks...

tire rule to expensive...street or maybe g60 tires

carb rule to exclusive (and expensive)....not hardly any other tracks could come and run....I say stock carb (2gc)...and really the 4412 is not bad...small cams will limit air induction.

JMO....

I personally think the FWD class would be a fastrer growing class...more of these cars around....I know people say they rut up the track...but I37 has been smooth when I was there..and they have this class...so was HOT and KILLEEN....

but on a second note...I am putting 2 of my kids into pure stock...lol and plan to get fwd for another....already have gocart for last one....

great idea 4412,street tires,yes true bombers!

no dirt boss tire for sure!! keep it all stock. only thing that would be cool is if yall allowed demo derby style headers. out the hood!!! :lol: unless thats a safety issue. 4412 is good

and i do have a car for this class!! ;)

I don't have a dog at that track but size should be a huge consideration when it comes to tires. Pure stocks should be on a small street tire. 90% of the cars came with a 14" tire, why would any track let pures run truck tire like 275-60-15? If you put them all on a small 14" tire, front wheel drive cars could race alongside rear wheel drive cars.

Of course I'm going to be a supporter of the track once you make final decisions regadless, but will offer the following, given opinions are being solicited on this topic....

*No on the Dirt Bozz tires for this class. We run them on our Street Stocks and that's fine. But, they are too dang expensive for this starter class. Street tires with max size or g-60 option. If you do Dirt Bozz, the tires will be worth more than the entire car on some cars.

*3,400 lbs.

*18 inch vacuum at 1,000

*stock carb with option to use 4412

*passengers allowed with 3 doors bars minimum on passenger side (this is cool at a lot of tracks and is a magnet to get more folks interested in the class with their own cars)

*If you want to make this class really economical, contained on people expending too much and fun, consider a claim rule on the entire car (minus seat and belts). Maybe $1,500 would be about right.

We would consider something for the fun of it for the family especially if it stays economical and passengers were allowed.

I agree with Monty and A.J. Have the engines TOTALLY Stock (less the emission crap), with the holley 4412 if desired or stock carb for that vehicle. Passengers are ok, I don't like it from a safety standpoint. Tires are/and will always be an issue at any track, I think they need to be DOT Street tires, G60 max. As Monty said We will support the track, but really think about this, cost is a major factor in what should be a "pure" class. My 2 cents worth.

Of course I'm going to be a supporter of the track once you make final decisions regadless, but will offer the following, given opinions are being solicited on this topic....

*No on the Dirt Bozz tires for this class. We run them on our Street Stocks and that's fine. But, they are too dang expensive for this starter class. Street tires with max size or g-60 option. If you do Dirt Bozz, the tires will be worth more than the entire car on some cars.

*3,400 lbs.

*18 inch vacuum at 1,000

*stock carb with option to use 4412

*passengers allowed with 3 doors bars minimum on passenger side (this is cool at a lot of tracks and is a magnet to get more folks interested in the class with their own cars)

*If you want to make this class really economical, contained on people expending too much and fun, consider a claim rule on the entire car (minus seat and belts). Maybe $1,500 would be about right.

We would consider something for the fun of it for the family especially if it stays economical and passengers were allowed.

I agree with Monty and A.J. Have the engines TOTALLY Stock (less the emission crap), with the holley 4412 if desired or stock carb for that vehicle. Passengers are ok, I don't like it from a safety standpoint. Tires are/and will always be an issue at any track, I think they need to be DOT Street tires, G60 max. As Monty said We will support the track, but really think about this, cost is a major factor in what should be a "pure" class. My 2 cents worth.

this would be good it would be a more cost efficient class than any now and this may open up for farm trucks at sos to run the 18"vacuum would keep it as close to stock as any would this be a paying class and also the cheaper the better example tires etc.

Something else to think about is max width 8 inch wheels. Min air pressure 15 lbs. Must run stock springs. Put a $20 claim on each shock. Chassis controls the overall speed and what they are capable of. As far as aftermarket parts meant for racing be in the drivers best interest to run aluminum racing radiator, racing pullies / fan, spark plug wires, solid motor mounts and vacuum around 18 is good at 1000. Allow any tire they want on a 8 inch wheel. That allows them to pickup used tires off of limiteds and mods for next to nothing. Tires can make or break the class because of investment. I would make the winning purse like $125 but give a good start money like $30. Something else is if you want this class to take off and never look back then let the driver in free w no registeration for the entire first year. You will have so many damn cars and crew members paying for the purse wouldnt be an issue plus you then have an instant base/group of cars for good car counts. You should not be able to down grade a current street stock rules need to be a big difference between each other. Also make them a two seater class. Incourage with a weight break to run 305's and 350's give a weight penalty.

I disagree on stock springs...( I like most everything else though) they make stock appearing racing springs...making tech cumbersome....Racing springs are super cheap used (not bad new either) and I used to spend HOURS and hours in a junkyard trying to get the right stock spring...only to see guys selling racing springs for 10$ used...I say its not worth the effort to find good stock springs...or to tech for it....now shocks...20 claim is a good idea...shocks is where the money gets spent....and of course tires...let drivers in for free...wow...I like that idea....

I disagree on stock springs...( I like most everything else though) they make stock appearing racing springs...making tech cumbersome....Racing springs are super cheap used (not bad new either) and I used to spend HOURS and hours in a junkyard trying to get the right stock spring...only to see guys selling racing springs for 10$ used...I say its not worth the effort to find good stock springs...or to tech for it....now shocks...20 claim is a good idea...shocks is where the money gets spent....and of course tires...let drivers in for free...wow...I like that idea....

Would 2 years go kart exptise let you run in this class?

Is there a minimum age?

15" vac is causing alot of people not to build purestocks like monty said keep cheap if its 15" you cant call that stock much 18 will bring more cars their to race just for thought

Hmm hell with them rules I can run my 149 motor it pulls 20 inches. Cant wait!

will you sell me that old motor for 500.00 everyone tells me that only stock motors pull 18 t0 20" how can 15 or 16" be considered stock

If you are considering a Bomber (Stock) Why not take proven rules from another local track that brings 18 cars on average every week. STS rules are good for a stock car that races. Street tires 235 70 15 max tires, 15 in vaccum, stock Q jet carb or stock 2 barrel no 4412. This will allow the fender class to travel on off weekends.

Thanks for all who have put in their thoughts on this subject. I will be getting with Bruce and our tech people and we will see what we come up with.

Thanks again,

remember the cheap part if starting new class let the cars be built on your rules not rules being applied to cars that are not stock also have

# for heads and parts to remain stock not aftermarket performance parts

cams and so on (another words ask monty he would be one to adjust rules )

The best class that I would say to put on a track nowadays would be the front wheel drive cars. They are somewhat inexpensive and put on a hell of a show. Have it a claiming class to get more people from the crowd interested in it and if it gets claimed they have enough money to build another car.

We would make the pull to run the Farm Truck in this class. If you keep the engines stock.Including cams!!! :angry:

We are running the 4412.

I know of 5 farm trucks that would make the pull, if we would not have to change alot to run other tracks. I think it would be great to run Texana! Hope this works out.

Archived