Any big names coming to Fall Classic

I was at Shady Oak Speedway this last weekend for my first time. I have just moved down from Missouri. I was really impresses with the track, looks like the prep crew does one hell of a job on the track. No dust, and it looked nice and tacky. I was however disappointed in the car count. I think there were like 8-10 mods and 3 late models. I don't know if that's normal? Who knows of some big names that are coming down for this. I know a couple of Missouri guys were talking about coming down and racing here. I'm trying to decide on whether to go this weekend or not. I don't want to go and watch 10 mods and 3 late models. I am not bad mouthing the track either. Like I said the track looked awesome, but the mod and late car count sucked. :(

I was at Shady Oak Speedway this last weekend for my first time. I have just moved down from Missouri. I was really impresses with the track, looks like the prep crew does one hell of a job on the track. No dust, and it looked nice and tacky. I was however disappointed in the car count. I think there were like 8-10 mods and 3 late models. I don't know if that's normal? Who knows of some big names that are coming down for this. I know a couple of Missouri guys were talking about coming down and racing here. I'm trying to decide on whether to go this weekend or not. I don't want to go and watch 10 mods and 3 late models. I am not bad mouthing the track either. Like I said the track looked awesome, but the mod and late car count sucked. :(

Howard Willis (driving three cars)

Stevie Whittaker Jr. (driving two cars)

Corey Babbitt

Pete Sagmiller

Kevin Sturgess

Mike Walling

The Family Egbert (Father & 2 Sons)

Mike McCarthy

Our Diehard CORE Shady Oaks weekly racers and the list goes on. This will not be one to miss. There will be alot of suprised racers and spectators at the line-up for The Fall Classic. Friday will be good but Saturday will be the night no one will want to miss!

If I can answer any questions you may have please contact me at the information below.

Thanks for the info. I am not too familiar with those names, cause I'm new to Texas. Just been here a week and a half. I will probably come out sat night. Will someone please post Friday nights results on here. Also, a buddy of mine from MO is also big into dirt racing and he told me Clyde Dunn JR is a good driver, anyone know where he races?

Demon, Clyde "Lil Freaky" Dunn jr races up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.....He mainly runs at tracks with "outlaw" rules for Modifieds.....A couple years ago he won one of the qualifiers at Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track during the Tx. World Dirt Track Championship.

As of right now I'm planning on being there(Shady Oaks) this weekend so you can follow along with results on here.

Demon, Clyde "Lil Freaky" Dunn jr races up in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.....He mainly runs at tracks with "outlaw" rules for Modifieds.....A couple years ago he won one of the qualifiers at Texas Motor Speedway Dirt Track during the Tx. World Dirt Track Championship.

As of right now I'm planning on being there(Shady Oaks) this weekend so you can follow along with results on here.

"Lil Freaky", :lol: it is possiable he will be here but will not know until closer towards the end of the week. There are some from the Dallas/Fortworth area that are coming...

Stephan Danielsen from Boerne :D

Demon, I think i may have met you a couple of weeks ago when we were at a practice in Edna..??

And, Lauren Chamberlain, the 16 year old high school Junior attending the 1A Louise High School (2009 State Volleyball Champions) will be there competing in her 2009 Houston Autorama "Best in Class" award winning CK Racing Outlaw Chassis Grand Prix in the Street Stock class. Chamberlain contracted out her Grand Prix to the well known Randy "Bubba" Seals in the summer of 2010 for some set up tuning, and Seals took the car to three straight feature wins at Battleground Speedway east of Houston.

Chamberlain who made her debut racing mini-stocks on her 13th birthday was the 2009 Shady Oaks Mini-Stock Track Champion and her dad was the 2006 Texana Raceway Park track champion as well as a 2009 SOS multi-feature winner. Chamberlain is supported encouragingly by a large number of friends and competitors at the tracks, along with a fair bit of her mom and dad's check writing. She was qouted this year as saying, "Mini-Stocks were fun, but dad, these cars in Street Stocks don't play around. They just better watch out though once I get a couple of years under my belt in these big cars".

Following the SOS Fall Classic, Chamberlain will be traveling the following week to the Rio Grande Valley to compete in the Pure Stock Nationals.

I would anticipate this weekend at SOS will be a pretty good Mod showing. Next weekend for the Texas Grand at Battleground east of Houston should be a good Mod count.

The names mentioned for mods this weekend are really good shoes. Pete Sagmiller is very good, and so is Corey Babbit, just to mention a couple. Steve Whiteaker Jr. and the living legend Howard Willis (Howard has about 530 total feature wins thus far) are both USMTS feature winners. And, if Clyde Dunn Jr. makes it, his rig is almost as entertaining as his racing.

I was going to go watch Saturday nights racing. When I heard how many mods and lates there were :o I decided to stay home and wait till the USMTS race at Houston. Tell me, why such a low car count. :(

There was 16 Limited mods, 18 super stocks and 18 hobby stocks tonight

Modifieds were down to 8, but there was 14 Friday night, some wrecked and some broke

Late Models, there was 9

For November racing that aint bad!

Went last night to see howard willis and some of the fast h town drivers..They were not there, but they said they would be there today...Looking forward to seeing Howard in limited,late model and mods...Hope it was not a sales pitch....Frank t

question is Steve Turner Motorsports the Turner that ran Shady Oaks years ago can anybody tell me ? I raced there but never met the Turner that ran the track

Yes it is the very same Steve Turner that operated SHady Oaks speedway in the early 2000's. He now owns Wolf Pack rentals and has a Nascar truck team and a Nationwide team and he just bought out Braun Racing. AJ Almendinger and Ricky Carmichael Should be driving for him. Was a very good story on him on Speed Channel I believe yesterday.

Yes it is the very same Steve Turner that operated SHady Oaks speedway in the early 2000's. He now owns Wolf Pack rentals and has a Nascar truck team and a Nationwide team and he just bought out Braun Racing. AJ Almendinger and Ricky Carmichael Should be driving for him. Was a very good story on him on Speed Channel I believe yesterday.

Thanks I saw the speed channel show that's why I asked thought it was the same Turner

Well i guess i feel for the sales pitch..WONT HAPPEN AGAIN!! Started 1.5 hours late..NO NEW FACES SHOWED UP TONIGHT..A HEAVY track that most racers dont like..And i got to hear political views about the repubican party.... :angry: Frank t

You should of went to........................................... Wait there was no other track running!

Modifieds were down to 8, but there was 14 Friday night, some wrecked and some broke

Late Models, there was 9

Not trying to offend anyone but if you think that is a good car count, then you need to get out more.

Late Models, there was 9

Not trying to offend anyone but if you think that is a good car count, then you need to get out more.

Aint that the truth.

Archived