Excellent Racing in all Classes

I've seen a few races, but I have to say that last night was some good action running in all of the classes. As a preview to next weekend for the Fall Classic, looks like the show will be awesome. I understand Alan Kunkel does the track prep, and from where I was watching, I'll say he got it perfect in the turns. It was cool watching the cushion in 3&4. It seemed that the cushion never faded away and if it moved, it couldn't have been more than a foot. Never seen that before, and speed was the order of business.

Congrats to:

Travis Manning in Minis (once in the front, never looked back)

Christie Cope with her first feature win in Farm Trucks

Mr. Joseph Snow in the Dwarfs (didn't get to watch the race, but could hear the excitment from the announcer on this one)

Tony Blankenship in Street Stocks (you were flawless and distanced yourself pretty good from the field)

Steve Whiteaker Jr. in Limiteds (you also were flawless and on the money every lap)

Greg Turner in Super Stocks (winning in a Hot Stock Truck running up against Super Stocks)

Nick Harcastle in Modifieds (perfect as always!!)

Kevin Migura in Late Models (smooth, smooth!)

We had fun handing out the candy on the front straight to all of the kids. For us, Lauren was taking it easy after being out of the car for over 3 months. She started in the back of the 19 car field and was riding the bottom. Somewhere after the mid point of the race, she decided to push the pedal a little more and got into the high groove with the cushion and started picking up the tempo. She came away with a 7th. Good job Lauren! Always proud of you as we watch you run against that stout field, but very impressive once you got up higher and used a little more of the pedal. Mission accomplished, and don't worry sister, there's more there once you get your sea legs completely back and are ready to push the pedal to the floor.

We turned in our Fall Classic Registration form last night and looking forward to next weekend. Should be real good! Looking forward to hanging out with some of our local and Houston friends. See everyone Thursday or Friday.

Monty, you are just a treasure to the public relations world, you really need to be making really big bucks as the spokes person for some multi-billion dollar corp. I would just like to say thank you to Vince Louden for running so close with me and never taking the easy way out and tagging me like so many other would have done, my hats off to him for some really hard clean racing, that was fun, actually the only part of my night that made it worth being back in a car.

Monty, you are just a treasure to the public relations world, you really need to be making really big bucks as the spokes person for some multi-billion dollar corp. I would just like to say thank you to Vince Louden for running so close with me and never taking the easy way out and tagging me like so many other would have done, my hats off to him for some really hard clean racing, that was fun, actually the only part of my night that made it worth being back in a car.

Thank you buddy. On a serious note, I'm schedule to retire in as quick as three years with my agency and will be looking to start another career doing something I enjoy this time for about a 5 to to 7 year run. Maybe sales or PR work. Help me spread the word. I need to plant the groundwork now to have something ready to roll as soon as I step out of my first career.

Also, it was great to see a strong car count in y'alls class. Good group of contendors out there, and you were running good.

...I understand Alan Kunkel does the track prep, and from where I was watching, I'll say he got it perfect in the turns. It was cool watching the cushion in 3&4. It seemed that the cushion never faded away and if it moved, it couldn't have been more than a foot. Never seen that before, and speed was the order of business...

Ken Kunkle also works the track!!!!!

Archived