Highlights from THR's 2011 Season Kickoff Meeting

debwill

First of all, we had a great turnout for this meeting. It's only a guess, but I think we probably had at least 150 drivers, teams and staff packed into the conference rooms. We truly appreciate the effort by our drivers to help us move towards our 2011 racing season. I will be posting several pictures soon.

Following the Meet & Greet gathering in the lobby, drivers registered their car (numbers) for the 2011 racing season. The TSRS Late Model registration fee was reduced to $50 (instead of $150). Drivers were also asked to complete Driver Information forms. Following are the registration forms for the drivers who were unable to attend the meeting.

THR2011THRRegistrationForm.pdf

THR2011TSRSRegistrationForm.pdf

THR2011DriverInformationForm.pdf

Current car numbers will be held until December 1, 2010. If a 2010 driver has not submitted a 2011 registration by that date, it will become available on a first-come, first-serve basis.

Pit stall reservations may be made by contact Loree Mathieson at loree.mathieson@yahoo.com.

The meeting started off with Mary Ann's announcement on Thunderhill Raceway being selected for an unscripted TV series that is planning to start its pre-production in early 2011. See the following thread for the official press release: Thunderhill Raceway selected for television series. We’re very excited about this awesome opportunity to boost interest in short-track racing. Teams were asked to start thinking about looking sharp for the filming, e.g., matching t-shirts for the pit crew, etc.

The 2011 THR Schedule was released. The schedule shows the dates for all events, but negotiations are still underway for the appearance dates on the series groups, e.g., NasKarts, Dwarfs, TPS, etc. The Pro Modifieds will be scheduled on all 2011 THR race dates. Here's a link to download and print the schedule: 2011_Calendar.pdf A more-detailed schedule will be released within the next few weeks.

The policy on negative posts about the track on public forums was announced. See the following thread for more information: http://www.lonestarspeedzone.com/forums/in...showtopic=38941

The date and location for the 2010 THR/TSRS Awards Banquet was announced. It will be held on January 29, 2011, at the Community Renaissance Market on Westgate Blvd. in South Austin. The champions' race cars will be on display during the banquet. The facility is very big, and the banquet will be open to the fans as well as the drivers, teams and staff. More information will be coming soon, and here's a copy of the banquet flyer: BanquetFlyer.pdf

Applications are now available for the 2011 THR/TSRS Trophy Queen competition. The new queen will be selected at the Awards Banquet on January 29. Here's a link to the application form: MissTHRTSRSTrophyQueenApplication.pdf

As mentioned earlier in the year, head/neck restraint devices will be required for all drivers and classes in 2011. Thanks to 360 Motorsports, Teddy Schild, etc., a discount is being offered on The Defender device. For more information, call 281-999-RACE(7223). If you have any questions on approved devices, contact the THR/TSRS Technical Director, Jack Sandefur, at 512-281-5489.

The meeting was ended with a Drivers' Workshop. Drivers from each class or series broke out into committees and were asked to appoint a spokesperson and come up with their top three suggestions for rule changes, if any. Feedback is due from each committee by November 10.

If you have questions about any of the notes above, please feel free to contact me directly at debbie@thunderhillraceway.com.

Here are some pictures from our meeting on Saturday:

The "Men in Black" - David Mackey, Fred Hopper, Jerry Spencer and Jack Sandefur:

post-29-1288021451.jpg

Drivers' Registration:

post-29-1288021608.jpg

Drivers' Workshop Committees:

Pro Trucks

post-29-1288021703.jpg

Pro Modifieds

post-29-1288021756.jpg

TSRS Allison Legacys

post-29-1288021805.jpg

TSRS Late Models

post-29-1288021853.jpg

Mini Stocks

post-29-1288021889.jpg

Grand Stocks

post-29-1288021935.jpg

SportMods

post-29-1288021958.jpg

Super Stocks

post-29-1288022005.jpg

Thunder Stocks

post-29-1288022064.jpg

Somehow I missed the Bandolero group - sorry!

I'll also be uploading some of the Meet & Greet pictures later.

post-21-1288023770.jpeg

Let's see what we have here......

Cory and Robert are engaged in a stare-down with Big John. Roper is thinking "geez, I gotta race with these clowns?"

Doc Baber is thinking "ya know, if I can get John to let me fix that grill of his, I can buy another car."

Billie is sitting there laughing at all these guys trying to look serious.

I just got these registration figures from Saturday's meeting from Becky Cooper (our CPA) this morning:

BANDOLEROS 3

GRAND STOCKS 7

TSRS ALLISON LEGACYS 8

MINI STOCKS 6

PRO MOD 4

SPORT MODS 3

SUPER STOCKS 14

THUNDER STOCKS 10

PRO TRUCKS 9

TSRS LATE MODELS 9

TOTAL 73

Those are some pretty impressive figures for so many months in advance of the 2011 season opener. Our sincere thanks goes out to the drivers and teams who took the time to register!

If other Thunder Stock Drivers would like to contribute to the Rules being discussed, Please Send me an e-mail to abrungot@austin.rr.com... I am compiling and will send info to all registered Drivers for Thunderstock to weight in before the submission required by 11/10/2010

post-21-1288023770.jpeg

Let's see what we have here......

Cory and Robert are engaged in a stare-down with Big John. Roper is thinking "geez, I gotta race with these clowns?"

Doc Baber is thinking "ya know, if I can get John to let me fix that grill of his, I can buy another car."

Billie is sitting there laughing at all these guys trying to look serious.

Tom, what it is, is Big john said that he believes that cars should line up by car # instead of qualifing. This really puzled us till afterwards when we found out Heil changed his # to 001A. :P

post-3-1288132317.jpg

This pic proves that God has a great sense of humor when playing with the gene pool.

On the left we have probably one of the butt-ugliest guys on the planet - Del Harris. On the right we have one of the most beautiful ladies ever - Janette Huff.

Can you believe they are brother and sister????? Del ended up on the short end in the looks department, but, like Janette, he's a real nice person on the inside where it counts.

Nick

Archived