Clarification on THR policy on forum posts

debwill

It boils down to who is the judge and what rules does the judge follow??? A d who judges the judge?? Just a bad stand in my book.If your in the public eye,plan to be looked at. The governments that took that approach are ones that we would not like to live in.Racing is a governed sport.

I would like to give an example. At RGS under another governer the rule for ministocks was no experienced drivers.No rule about how that was determaned.The result was some drivers lasted for years while some were eliminated the first year.The govener made the decision.Those that remained strangely enough were the offspring of the big names of the track.Anotherwords,politics.I dont like giving anyone this kind of power.They already have the power.

Now I butt out.If my track tells me this,I qoit them.Wait,I already got banned for life twice for exactly this.Anyone remember???

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah Blah Blah people let it ride If this is all you have to Bitch about our lives must be pretty good If you have a problem with somebody take it to them Quit trash talkin and hiddin behind a computer This rule shouldnt effect anybody unless YOUR SCARED to go staight to the source of your frustrations I really find this amusing and so petty RELAX people take a chill pill. When its time to fight and raise hell you will know and right now is not the time . we just got great news about our track lets absorb that instead of all this negativity . Hell I like to raise hell but over this? Its to early

We all know how most people feel about this issue. Yes the message delivered was ill timed and delivered in the wrong venue but still its here. I for one hate being told what I can and cannot do in my life but it happens all the time.. I have a CEO to report to.

After reading the posts on this subject and rereading MaryAnns post I keep asking myself why did she say this? I truly think Maryann's statement was made with nothing but good intention and a passion for racing and racers in Texas and thats all. We all need to focus and remember whats really important and thats the growth of racing in Texas and how negative chatter effects us all. I personally feel it's to bad this issue has overtaken the importance of the press release concerning the announcement of the possibility of a series being filmed at THR and how that could effect racing in our area.

Now for the issue being brought up about FREE SPEECH. I for one do not think THR thinks that the enforcement J21 and the posting on F/B and or My Space or someones personal web site is enforceable,why that was added I do not know... but it was wrong. We all need to let this issue go and remember Maryann does not want to control the world, she truly just wants good things for racing and THR and focus on the positive aspect of the press release ...ie the possibility of the new show and all the other good things that will and could happen at THR in 2011

JMO

Kim Le Baron

Kim Le Baron quote: "I TRULY THINK MARY ANN S STATEMENT WAS MADE WITH NOTHING BUT GOOD INTENTIONS AND A PASSION FOR RACING AND RACERS IN TEXAS THATS ALL"

I AGREE .NO ONE COULD EVER ..QUESTION HER PASSION .. THEY JUST QUESTION THAT RULE ....AND IT HIT A NERVE ........ POEPLE HAVE THE SAME PASSION WHEN IT COMES TO STEPPING ON THIER FREEDOM ..THIS IS A CATCH 22......SITUATION HERE ..

Really a sad deal, that a rule like this is even necessary. Believe it's intent is to prevent all negative online talk. Know we're probably not the only ones with this issue to consider - if the rule includes family members, we might as well not register to be drivers at THR. LOL Seriously, wish we had that kind of control to keep it from happening, but don't. :(

My question is who is going to police this on Facebook or any other websites besides this one. You can just remove certain people from face book and block your profile where outside people cant read it or if your on a a different website you could have a screen name and talk like you were there watching but actually be you. Is THR going to a have a cyber official that their sole job is to be monitoring all the websites and forums looking for negative posts. The other question is how many from people from HMP actually got busted by this rule in the past two years?

:D:D

I believe the rule was written for me!!!

Josh.....probably someone you know quite well.....LMAO

Several folks have asked if I will be the enforcer of this THR rule. No, I will not be the enforcer. I will operate just as I have in the past.

I would imagine that the management team at THR will be handling this at whatever level of enforcement they deem appropriate.

Nick

Here is what I tell people. If you don't like a restraunt because the food wasn't any good, your server was bad or the owner didn't come by to sake your hand then just don't go back. If You feel a need to, tell your friends then maybe your dissatifaction will keep them from going...

Ok, THR has adopted a rule which is in place at HMP and has asked people to keep it positive. Was that really to much to ask? No! If you don't like it spend your time and money some where else and move on...

Thanks Mary Ann, H, Debbie and all the staff for giving the racers a place to race and the fans a place to come watch racing....

Mark

I went and looked up what freedom of speach actually means.... Interesting reading http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech

Most interesting parts:

Limitations on freedom of speech

"Because the degree to which people may take offense varies, or may be the result of unjustified prejudice, Feinberg suggests that a number of factors need to be taken into account when applying the offense principle, including: the extent, duration and social value of the speech, the ease with which it can be avoided, the motives of the speaker, the number of people offended, the intensity of the offense, and the general interest of the community at large."

My bottom line.. "Do unto others as you would want done to you!" Born and raised with that.... Race with that... and live by that...

there are reasons for a track owner/promoter to have rules like this, " complaints " whether it be by owner/drivers, fans, or employee's. there is so much to do and you only have 1 day to get it right, week after week through out the whole season. the owner/promoter tries to do the best for everyone but, some people you just can't make happy reguardless of what you do.

i'm saying this from being on both sides of the fence, one thing that a lot of drivers complain about is how they got a bad call, when you have 10+ officals watching a race, some calls are just hard to make and some think that it may be favortizium, at some tracks, this may be the case, but if a track promoter shows the same consistancy on all drivers, thats not favortizium. the end result is that people get on the site to make their complaint and make negetive comments.

what should have taken place is the driver/owner discuss the problem with the owner/promoter/official of the track to work things out, the problem with this is that sometimes, the track owner/promoter/official looks at some things as crying, this does happen a lot but, when you have a good complaint, then it needs attention, this complainning works 2 way's, a complaint is someone looking for an answer to a problem reguardless of it being a driver/owner or the track officials.

i feel that some people would not get on the internet forums and complain if there complaint was taken care of before it gets to that point. tracks have complained about things i've done in the past and like it or not, i made adjustments to keep them happy, that does not mean that you have to "kiss up ", it just means that you probably made a little mistake and they want you to do it different, like wise to the tracks, drivers/owners want whats fair for all. jmo/thanks, del harris

Yep, this one takes the cake. We do have freedom of speech and by all rights should be able to use it. This isn't a personal relationship between 2 or more people that should have it's problems resolved in private. The world isn't all cake and ice cream. This is a business that is open to the public, and is for the public. So it should be open to be either revered or criticized in public. I find it ridiculous that a driver or team can be penalized for expressing their opinions. Is this what it feels like to live in North Korea? They cant speak their minds either.

I'm not trying to stir a pot here. But this is my opinion on this matter. No one has the right to tell me what I can or can not say. I think this will cause more problems than it may or may not solve. I plan to one day race again at THR. But with something like this out there, I'm thinking twice about it. And I am sure others will too. They may not say they are, but they are.

To some of you this may be a simple issue, and you'll let it be. But for some of us, it is like being treated like children again. Kinda ridiculous.

If someone has a problem with a track, official, race team or whoever they should handle it face to face or at least privately. Here is my opinion. I think it's cowardly and chickens**t to post crap on a public forum about any of the above mentioned. People can man-up and deal with issues without hiding behind a computer. Now you have my opinion.

Who is hiding? We all know who each person is on here. And they will be at the track the next race weekend.

And IMHO a lot of the times things do not get resolved by meeting in person. Things stay the same. So people want to vent. And they should have the right to vent. No one here should be treated like a child with the threat of being sent to your room and not being able to play with your friends for saying something. Thats the way I see it. Whats funny to me is that we hear about this TV show oppertunity, and then all of the sudden this comes out. Seems to be going hand in hand. No one wants to watch a TV show about racing thats all sugar coated. Thats not real saturday night racing and people know it. Let it be what it is supposed to be. Good times, spending lots of money, hot days, cool nights, a happy winner and 5 pissed off drivers yelling at each other in the pits. Thats saturday night racing. This shouldnt try to be turned into the mini NASCAR CUP series.

Now lets get back to having fun.

Signed and not hiding,

Johnny Lewallen

Who is hiding? We all know who each person is on here. And they will be at the track the next race weekend.

And IMHO a lot of the times things do not get resolved by meeting in person. Things stay the same. So people want to vent. And they should have the right to vent. No one here should be treated like a child with the threat of being sent to your room and not being able to play with your friends for saying something. Thats the way I see it. Whats funny to me is that we hear about this TV show oppertunity, and then all of the sudden this comes out. Seems to be going hand in hand. No one wants to watch a TV show about racing thats all sugar coated. Thats not real saturday night racing and people know it. Let it be what it is supposed to be. Good times, spending lots of money, hot days, cool nights, a happy winner and 5 pissed off drivers yelling at each other in the pits. Thats saturday night racing. This shouldnt try to be turned into the mini NASCAR CUP series.

Signed and not hiding,

Johnny Lewallen

There you go!!!

Gunnar Frid

Signed and not hiding,

Johnny Lewallen

You forgot a good ole fashioned fist fight when the yelling doesn't get it done. Brad Dixon

If you don't like a restraunt because the food wasn't any good, your server was bad or the owner didn't come by to sake your hand then just don't go back.

UMMMMM...Mark....If you don't voice your displeasure with the restaurant owner/manager/hostess/whatever about crappy food, a rude waitperson, etc......How in the hell will the restuarant ever know they have a problem that needs to be addressed/resolved?

Poor analogy......

If you don't like a restraunt because the food wasn't any good, your server was bad or the owner didn't come by to sake your hand then just don't go back.

UMMMMM...Mark....If you don't voice your displeasure with the restaurant owner/manager/hostess/whatever about crappy food, a rude waitperson, etc......How in the hell will the restuarant ever know they have a problem that needs to be addressed/resolved?

Poor analogy......

Reb,

You know me better then that... I would no doubt voice my displeasure. It would be in person and not on a public culinary forum. I would definately leave it after talking to whomever I had the bad encounter with...

Mark

Archived