$5,000.00 to win,$500.00 to start

thumper

The pure stock nationals , was this race ,run what you brung , kinda like HOT? Just wondering for next year cause thats a fun track.Thanks

Not completely like the HOT Fall Classic. At the HOT Fall Classic they basically let you run pure stock with the the only real limiting factor being wheel and tire size and no weight jacks, and their street stocks being a tire limit, with both basically being anything you can suff under the hood. What Johnny did for this was allowed cars from SOS, I37, STS, and Texana run with home track rules, but had to be legal by our home track rules with no mixing and matching of rules. The RGS Pures were allowed to run under their rules. As it turned out we had some SOS/Texana cars (which run by same rules) and some STS cars as well as the RGS Pures. No I37 cars that I could tell. This all turned out to be a pretty level playing field. For us (Texana / SOS cars) we may have a bit more horsepower (not positive), but horsepower was not needed. Driving ability was needed. And, for the SOS/Texana cars our tires on the dry slick track were a significant draw back as the G60's were definitely superior. Suffice to say it appeared that the match was equal and worked out well for the post-season event.

I noted in another thread, I also thought this worked out very well as it gave the local drivers some additional cars to run with and gave the rest of us a post-season event where we could visit a new track. The way Johnny did it worked out well by doing the home track rules thing for our tracks, and I would anticipate this growing next year....

Archived