abs tundra nose

legfixr

Would like to run a tundra body next year but need to have the nose abs to be legal at hmp

I have the knowledge and skills to mold my own if somebody has large oven , infra red is best but large bakery ovens work

would have to be approx 3' x 6' to work. and heat range in the 300's

Would like to run a tundra body next year but need to have the nose abs to be legal at hmp

I have the knowledge and skills to mold my own if somebody has large oven , infra red is best but large bakery ovens work

Did you check with Lightening Light about the HMP specific legal body?

360 motorsports, and jc are working with them but no definitve answer yet

holding dodge for you.

Years ago I built a 2x2' vacuum forming machine out of a household oven. I made my head and taillights for my neons with it plus a bunch of other cool stuff. Maybe you could build a box and put a few oven burners in it. The problem I had was getting the temp even across the plastic. Wound up putting metal baffles hung with wire between the heating element and the plastic. Worked great, just used a shop vac to pull the plastic down. Never tried anything as big as you want to. You might try a sign company, that would probably be your best bet at finding a big oven.

Years ago I built a 2x2' vacuum forming machine out of a household oven. I made my head and taillights for my neons with it plus a bunch of other cool stuff. Maybe you could build a box and put a few oven burners in it. The problem I had was getting the temp even across the plastic. Wound up putting metal baffles hung with wire between the heating element and the plastic. Worked great, just used a shop vac to pull the plastic down. Never tried anything as big as you want to. You might try a sign company, that would probably be your best bet at finding a big oven.

good Idea on sign company.

yep I have an infra red thats 3' x 4' but plastic shrinks when it gets hot.

shop vacs work great, I have vac pumps.

If you ever do that in future try a sheet of thin steel with silcone on it or teflon sheet and just use reg oven with door shut, turn half way through heating process.

thanks for reminder about sign companies, may go that way if lighting lite doesn"t come through

Archived