tim richmond special last night

waddy

Man that tim richmond special last night was a sad deal,the guy could wheel a car and the aids scare was unreal. I was really supprised that nascar fest up to a tainted drug test and cleared him on the illigal drug thing. it turned out to be over the counter meds ,the fact that he was sick scared everybody, dale e said he was the only one who could run with him at that time

I remember back at Riverside, toward the end of his carreer, when Tim was not even included in most of the drivers' social circles. Yes it was sad. He was quite a character and before his aids issues were known was quite the center of attention with his antics and very outward personality. But afterwards - some assumed he was gay and he got totally ostracised. I am glad we (society as a whole) have moved past that stigmatism (or have we really....).

Tim was a awesome guy to watch drive his car. His car control was awesome, He had the car past his limits most of the time. Some of the things I remember from him,Doing a pre race in car interview, the race went green, Tim kept talking and just drove the car. When meeting with the Folgers coffee people about sponsorship, Tim was late, unshowered, not ready to shine but showed up and said if their coffee could wake him up, it could wake anybody up. These stories go on and on. Lets hear some other memories! He was my brother Ricks favorite driver, I know it was hard to watch that show last night. He was no doubt one of the few drivers that had Dale Earnhardts number. He won at the series hardest tracks to drive at. He would have kept Dale from being a 7 time champ to say the least.

Being a long time Richmond fan I was very shocked to hear that NA$CAR admitted to the tainted drug test.....Sudafed and Advil.....Boy those are really drugs......Like no one ever jumps into a racecar after taking cold meds and/or aspirin/Tylenol(after a Friday night of partying in the pits).....

I'd be interested to know if NA$CAR's admission came as a result of this documentary or if they did like the government and slipped it by in the middle of the night when no one would catch it.....I know I never knew they admitted it until last night....

It sounded to me like the "good ol' boy society" wasn't ready for someone like him at that time in history.....

I remember back at Riverside, toward the end of his carreer, when Tim was not even included in most of the drivers' social circles. Yes it was sad. He was quite a character and before his aids issues were known was quite the center of attention with his antics and very outward personality. But afterwards - some assumed he was gay and he got totally ostracised. I am glad we (society as a whole) have moved past that stigmatism (or have we really....).

Unfortunately No - society has not moved past it. If they had we would not need ads like this. To many youngsters are being lost just because they are different.

Is very sad what happened to Tim. I remember when my favorite driver took over his ride. Sad deal. Also, this makes you wonder even more, if Jeremy was right all along about being setup by his step-Mom and Nascar???

Doubt it - testing has come a long way since - maybe if only a field test was done but in a lab test the methyl unit shows up as well as the ephidrine. Sudafed (ephedrine) shows as clearly as ephedrine while methamphetimine shows up clearly as meth (specially when they are doing a retest)... the parole boards all across America hear the same sob story everytime a meth addict tests dirty.

Archived