Truck Rules make it Difficult to ...

CC57

Find a Truck that will fit in the rules.

Here I am, going back and forth to continue race a dirt Mod (have my eyes on a good Skyrocket) or switch to HMP/THR Trucks.

I've been leaning a bit here recently towards the trucks, but I may abandon that idea unless...

Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a truck that will fall within the established HMP/THR Truck rules?

I've found a number of trucks that appear to meet all of the chassis rules. That is, until you look at their rear shock mounts. They have cut out the stock rear shock mounting tub (for lack of a better description) and now have the shocks mounted to a roll cage. They (the shock mounts) appear to be in the stock location, but according to the rules package, you must have the OEM shock mounting tub in place.

Any suggestions before the tracks loose a new truck entry?

The truck series is strong right now, so you may not find one for cheap - not a decent one anyway. If the rear shock buckets are the only problem, I wouldn't sweat that. Those are easy enough to replace.

If the 54 truck is in fact for sale, I'd be trying to buy that one if I was in the market. If anyone knows how to contact GW Egbert and Justin Buzbee, there may be a couple of really good trucks available from them.

looking for one myself...i have a few leads on ones for sale....i could pass em on to ya if ya want...ps...they are not real cheap tho...think i need cheaper than these

Yes, pass them on please.

Either send me a PM or I can send you my persoanl email account via PM.

Thanks

The truck series is strong right now, so you may not find one for cheap - not a decent one anyway. If the rear shock buckets are the only problem, I wouldn't sweat that. Those are easy enough to replace.

If the 54 truck is in fact for sale, I'd be trying to buy that one if I was in the market. If anyone knows how to contact GW Egbert and Justin Buzbee, there may be a couple of really good trucks available from them.

Hoping to avoid any cutting and welding. Done enough chassis "building" over the years. For once, just looking for something I can more or less drop a motor & tranny in, possibly change the seat/ seat positon, tweak the set-up some and go. Not really lookng to have to cut up 1 frame to get the buckets, and then another to make room to weld them in . Plus, having to get hold of a jig makes that difficult.

So any leads, contacts would be appreciated.

Hoping to avoid any cutting and welding. Done enough chassis "building" over the years. For once, just looking for something I can more or less drop a motor & tranny in, possibly change the seat/ seat positon, tweak the set-up some and go. Not really lookng to have to cut up 1 frame to get the buckets, and then another to make room to weld them in . Plus, having to get hold of a jig makes that difficult.

So any leads, contacts would be appreciated.

I understand that for sure. Check your PMs.

From what I understand, the #38 Truck is on Racing Junk for sale too.

Archived