2011 Rules suggestions

abrungot

Saturday is the THR drivers/Rules meeting... but i haven't seen anyone talking about it yet...

If i look back thru the year there are a few theme's that pop up.. Cost & Car Counts I think are the 2 biggest.

I have done the research, The Cars are out there, its getting them to all show up on the same weekend that is the problem.

What efforts should be done to improve the cost of local racing?

- Tire tests have been done, but we still havent' seen a change here.

- $8.00 a Gallon for Racing fuel most likely isn't going to go down, so what other options are there to lower this Cost?

I know some teams run pump super... 2.75-$3.00 is certainly better... but what changes to motor rules need to happen?

These are the biggest Expense area's at the track when you look at a complete year i believe (outside of motors) in the Classes below Latemodel.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'I'm afraid to send my kids to the movies any

more. Ever since they let Clark Gable get by with saying

DAMN in GONE WITH THE WIND, it seems every new

movie has either HELL of DAMN in it.'

If this guy could see the future now!!!

Super cool M.A.!

OK...Here is my 2 cents. Camaro body parts are getting very hard to come by in usable condition (30 years old and now they are becoming collector cars). I know THR isn't CCS but they have went to aftermarket bodies. I think we should at least have the option. I'm pretty sure other drivers would like the option and the fans probably wouldn't mind seeing different looking cars in the Super Stock Class.

Hey Mickey I like your idea but aftermarket bodies make them look more like late models and most average fans can't tell the difference. And wonder why they are seeing two late model classes. Not trying to shoot down your idea just a thought. When we ran romco and tsrs was there the same night we always had people ask why two lat model classes.

OK...Here is my 2 cents. Camaro body parts are getting very hard to come by in usable condition (30 years old and now they are becoming collector cars). I know THR isn't CCS but they have went to aftermarket bodies. I think we should at least have the option. I'm pretty sure other drivers would like the option and the fans probably wouldn't mind seeing different looking cars in the Super Stock Class.

Mickey has a good point. Right now, the only parts that have to be stock are the roof and the hood. They do have to mimmick stock factory lines.

Here's an idea, what about allowing any make of car to be mounted on the SS. maybe a Mustang body mounted on a camaro, or a challenger would really look cool out there.

I think the fans need to see more different makes. Nothin like the old rivalry... Blue Oval vs. the orange bowtie!

Just a thought, what say ya'll?

Mel

what about the grands and the thunders they look alot alike.

Hey Mickey I like your idea but aftermarket bodies make them look more like late models and most average fans can't tell the difference. And wonder why they are seeing two late model classes. Not trying to shoot down your idea just a thought. When we ran romco and tsrs was there the same night we always had people ask why two lat model classes.

i'm with mickey.

there are two modified classes and every one knows the difference.... besides not only am i tired of hunting and not spending a fortune on panels i'm tired of being called the camaro class.

saturday night- serpentine set ups vs. chinky v-belt. on 'SUPER' stock

Another thing is when you find Camaro parts that are 30 years old.....sometimes you have to deal with rust, bondo, cutting, fitting and several coats of paint before they are ready to use. Aftermarket parts you pop rivet on , sand & paint. The parts are not expensive and they save a lot of man hours. ..........they don't make you go faster !

Whats gonna happen in 8-10 years when those parts and cars cant be found? What will replace them on the track? Just curious.

I think more people will be forced to race the g-body metric cars as the camaros become harder to find. That may not be such a bad thing. The current rules package for those cars allows for some adjustability, and that adds to the fun factor.

As far as the camaro bodies are concerned, the late 80s - early 90s bodies at a minimum should be allowed to give the class an updated look and give the racers a few more junk yard cars to choose from.

I think the new Camaros and Chargers at some point will start showing up in the junk yards but they would have to have a purpose built front and rear clip......right? There are a lot of Mustangs (old and new) out there already. Maybe something could happen with these. I know this is a little off the subject of this post but shouldn't we start looking to the future now on rules?

I will be moving up a class and the supers were one of the choices I had. I heve pretty much decided against this class for a couple of reasons...so for what it worth. I'm not doing anthing till nov 15 th..but here are my reason I'm not looking to hard at this class anymore.

1 race ready cars cost too much ...and to build one ccost as much a a lm

2. As already said....its the camaro class ..add some mustangs and I'm in..otherwise kinda boreing...races are good but ya need some diversity

3 too hard to find parts...cars aren't up to date starting to look like the classic series

But then tsrs. Needs to update to late model status....how about making sportsmans limitd lm with aftermarket bodies...and. making tsrs a full late model series that could run with houstons cars.

That would be real nice to change the body rule! last year i mentioned it and was told NO WAY! so i put weight jacks on the front for dirt. If yall change the rule thanks alot for nothing! with a weight rule on total car weight, left side weight, and rear weight what freakin problem would it be! steel body is a steel body!

one thing that would help the racing scene in texas as a whole would be making the "touring" series (late models pro mods trucks and sport mods) into an actual touring series that travels to the three tracks. the late model classes from tsrs and houston can be merged. and for those who say it can't be done tida made the differentt cars competitive with each other with weight breaks for stock clipped cars. with a little work to the rules it can be done. look at the stock car spectacular in 1995 that ervin brieton put on. there was super stocks with full stock frames running competitively with and some beating san antonio late models

I agree with ya sportsmod...if you make the rules. The same for both tracks you could have a touring series without having to have a touring seires...just have a hmp champ a thr champ and combine both track points to make a texas state champ..abra kadabra. A cost effective touring series... I'll even sponsor the state champ trophy...wait....that's too easy to work....lol

Archived