temp sending unit

dy97

yes it helps.. but i already found it.. but it helps me for future reference thanks.. next question which might be a dumb one.. but whats the best way to change it.. i reaaallly dont want to take the brake booster off.. but it looks like the only way.. maybe from the bottom? .. has any one changed one.. its broke.. which would be why the gauge isnt working.. hate driving with out a gauge.. no since ruining a perfectly good motor.. also is a catalytic converter mandatory on that old of a diesel for inspection sticker?

yes it helps.. but i already found it.. but it helps me for future reference thanks.. next question which might be a dumb one.. but whats the best way to change it.. i reaaallly dont want to take the brake booster off.. but it looks like the only way.. maybe from the bottom? .. has any one changed one.. its broke.. which would be why the gauge isnt working.. hate driving with out a gauge.. no since ruining a perfectly good motor.. also is a catalytic converter mandatory on that old of a diesel for inspection sticker?

I have a 2000 24 valve. I actually just replaced the brake booster on it about a month ago. Really easy. Just unbolt the master cylinder, but don't disconnect the braake lines, then disconnect the brake pedal and remove four bolts in the cab, and your access is there.

Also, there is no emissions testing on diesels, mine has the stock pipe, but it doesn't have a catalytic converter or a muffler. It is loud at cruising speed so you may want to put a glasspack or something on it.

I have a 2000 24 valve. I actually just replaced the brake booster on it about a month ago. Really easy. Just unbolt the master cylinder, but don't disconnect the braake lines, then disconnect the brake pedal and remove four bolts in the cab, and your access is there.

Also, there is no emissions testing on diesels, mine has the stock pipe, but it doesn't have a catalytic converter or a muffler. It is loud at cruising speed so you may want to put a glasspack or something on it.

was hoping i overlooked the easy way.. and it has a cat and a HUGE muffler on it now.. it practically drags the ground.. and i think the cats stopped up and its all got welds on it that look like an iron chicken ran across it and it leaks like hell i was just gonna pull the cat and muffler and weld a piece of pipe in its place..

Here is a site and some tip advice on how to test guage if you have not tried.

Temp Test and Advice

Suggestion... Join the forum and post the same question you have here. Best advice I read was if temp sensor is bad replace it with stock. Also consider replacing gauge with aftermarket. Someone on included thread stated they drilling housing right behind T-stat...

Mark

Archived