rules meeting

cRt racing

g b i had a set ive been looking just cannt find them. and yea i think thats where the class should be i have a lot of tapes from 94 and 95 and the class was close and there was a lot of cars and a lot of different types of cars . cause even your brother was running that white toyota ( but boy was he fast ) i think there was 4 or 5 vw lets see you , david , darrel , barbra and even bruce was running ( i dont think he ran every weekend ) but it may be too late for this class to go back down to there but if the class wants to be saved i think it needs to , but if they just want more cars fast then the pro sedan rules may be the way to go , its just going to be hard to get people to build these cars cause people dont want to build cars for a class that might be gone next year .

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like this might be a place to start anyway.Fuel injection was not allowed back then but could be added for now.A stock fuel injected modern engine can produce as moch power as we had back then.Whats important is to find a way to not elimanate anyone while still keeping an option for new cars at an affordable price.That means adding modern cars like Tommys Nissan.Or Jesses car.The problem will be everyone wants something different.And a track tire would be difficult without a dealer.I have no problem going to a cheap track tire like the Towl City but should be an option rather than a mandate at least to begin with.I believe going to the 8 inch recap will get these cars fast enough.Some will need taller tires and they make them also.What I want to avoid is telling a new team on a tight budget they need 500$ worth of tires to even try to raceThe 8 inch Towl City tire can last all year on the left side and 6 to 10 races on the right.They cost about 60$ plus freight.

IU wish Cody would chime in and suggest his ideas as well as the other races

What do you think Charley???Anyone???Ideas please.

Rattdaddy these were the rules your Dad used.I will never forget what he told me when I started at CC.

" Racing is expensive but Im not going to let you spend any more than necessary to race here. "

That was true then and could be again.And the racing was good.What do you think Don???

You can add the 06 to the list of modern cars that car was bone stock when I had it and I dont think Tray or any of the other people did a think to it so it is still stock

on tire rack you can buy summtos for $61 no shipping

Rattdaddy these were the rules your Dad used.I will never forget what he told me when I started at CC.

" Racing is expensive but Im not going to let you spend any more than necessary to race here. "

That was true then and could be again.And the racing was good.What do you think Don???

Well Dad was right, anothere thing he always said was "never let the drivers write the rules" and the reason for that is what we are reading now, now this doesn't apply to everyone but most. It is always about I don't want to go back because I already have this, or I'll never go down a notch. so what happens, is everyone wants to gain something but don't want to give anything, so you have a big mess AGAIN.

Just about everyone here wants to race, but I havn't seem anyone really step up and do anything about it, no get together, no resolution no nothing. If youu guys really want this class to continue and grow you need to look at the big picture, where do you want this class to be in a year from now??? I see one of two things happening, you all get together and get it ironed out to where you will have the show I know you all are capable of having, or decide what other class you may want to move to, it is up to you which direction to take it.

If there was ever a time to band together and really make this work now is the time, because you may not get another chance.

That's what I think Thumper.

I'm always open to hear ideas. I know alot of people are intimidated by some of the cash invested in these thunder cars. I hope we can sit down and iron everything out for next season at our rules meeting when Dan sets the date for it. I welcome anyone interested in participating at CC Speedway with any ideas to email me at info@otwracingservices.com Without our racers, we don't have a local asphalt track in Corpus Christi.

Randy Borlace.

Techman, CC Speedway.

Don what you are saying is we need leadership and none of us are in a position to do anything about anything.We have no say so and cant agree on much.As I count the cars it seems like 6 or so are ready to downgrade if needed to find a level we can all live with.So thats a start.What else we got???

Oldteck its time for your philosiphy now.What would you change if anything????

Don what you are saying is we need leadership and none of us are in a position to do anything about anything.We have no say so and cant agree on much.As I count the cars it seems like 6 or so are ready to downgrade if needed to find a level we can all live with.So thats a start.What else we got???

Oldteck its time for your philosiphy now.What would you change if anything????

What I am saying is this.... You guys get together and do something or DO NOTHING! And don't wait until a meeting is set. You go to the meeting prepared, and with a show, so that the track wants the show, and not a group that cannot agree on putting on a show.

not trying to be a jerk but at last year meeting i told you all what would happen . don and g b knows ive been involved at that track for a lot of years seen this happen before .but like i said all i can do is give you sugestions its up to the drivers in this class to make the right decissions . but you need to bring the class down some and go to a track tire thats affordable . a simple set of rules thats easy to inforce . and holds the cost to a min . the economy still isnt great and the working man is the local racer he has to be able to afford it to race . if you have 10 different cars that could win on any weekend you have a class people well want to be in

WAT DATE CAN EVEYONE GET TOGETHER SO WE CA TALK BOUT THIS STUFF N PERSON FIRST WEEKEND OF DECEMBER ANYONE WE NEED TO DO THIS VERY VERY SOON SERIOUSLY MY CAR IS GUNNA STAY THE WAY IT IS OTHER THAN A LIL FRONT END WORK ITS PRETTY MUCH STOCK SOO N REGUARDLESS OF WAT MORE OR LESS WE GET ITS JUST A HOBBY N I DONT PLAN ON WINNING ANY RACES ANYTIME SOON ANYWAYS SO LET DO THIS NOW I DONT WANT THIS CLASS TO DISSAPPEAR

Hey we need to chill out on this thing remember dont wanna loose this class..CODY AND I are working on a meeting{ time, place, date etc.} just waiting to get threw the holidays and a input on whens a good time for everyone...We'll have one soon,so just chill out for now about rules thunder drivers, and if you dont have a thunder car dont stir the pot anymore and make us look bad.

Thanks Greg but I cant open them.Charley now is exactly the time to discuss the rules,at meeting time its time to make decisions.Anyone with ideas should chime in here now so we can think about the possibilities.Still need a track represenitive and looks like Randy Bourlace might be it.How bout it Randy,will you be track spokesman in behalf of Thunder cars??Its a tough job,requires thick skin and no thanks.But is needed.

Well im sure most of us will be at backwoods tomorrow so we can come up with a time then as for rules go i think we do need a track tire now yall keep talkin about this towl city has anyone called them cause when i did the guy i talked to said they had 205/60/13 for about $60 and i think dan said he could get a goodyear for about $52 at last years meeting and on there website they show a 22.5" and a 23" but i dont know if they would last as long as the towls hell they may last a few more nights i dont know thats all i have for now gb anyone else

The Towl City tires are sold by width.You can buy 7 inch,8 inch up to 13 inchs wide.We used the 7 inch but the carcess were getting harder to find.I like the 8 inch because the hoosers and american racers make good doners with a steady supply and the tire can be made in 13,14 or 15 inch diameter and still be 8 inch width.Also if this is to be a fast class the 8 inch will do that.Maybe not as fast as the soft Hooser but much longer lasting.I believe the ministocks that were racing at the same time we ran the outlaws used this tire as well.The Diamondback brand is no nonger sold.If we incorporate a converted frontrunner they will probably need a taller tire because of the rev limiter.Will can attest to this and I know he is reading.Again the problem is we need a local dealer.I dont know anything about the goodyears but if there a street tire then there not needed anyway.All we need to do with street tires to regulate the treadwear.Like if we wanted a sumotomo to be the best tire use a treadwear of 360.This works and Red River Speedway monotered tires this way.At this treadwear a numerical limitation can be used like the 215 little 13../ 215/50/13. This eliminates the variable mesuraments caused by age.A 215/50/15 is the same width.Tires are easy to monoter,Im surprised it hasnt been done already.All the performance tires start at treadwear 200 and below.Some have no treadwear.All trur street tires have a treadwear rating like a matress label.

The reason I wanted to get the old rules out here is to see what changes any of us would need to adapt them again.Most of our memories are not dependable enough.What I do remember was the tire was the most expensive investment on my 1994 car.And I built it from scratch.If going back to that level of car will bring new cars,I am in favor 100%.I dont think it would take much to do. I can make my car any way necessary.So can everyone else I believe.Whatever rules are adapted there should be NO CHANGES afterword.Thats what screws things up.But make it fair for all types of cars.

I cant make the banquet,sorry,and prpbably cant make a meeting but my vote is KEEP IT CHEEP.Like me.

nn 94 we were allowed racing springs but not racing shocks.No coil overs.McPherson OK.No tube A arms,no heim joints.All cars were allowed locked differentials and car weight was by engine size,pound per cc.I dont remember about ignition,did not need anything.Nothing is hotter than a stock VW ign.Strut towers could be moved.No restrictions on rear suspension other than wheelbase and no racing parts.

The biggest difference from today was the engine and clutch.No aftermarket heads or porting and polishing.Stock flywheels and clutches.Aftermarket pistons OK,no stroker engines.Headers were OK but everyone had to use the 5200 holly thats obsolete now.Fuel injection was not allowed.No problem with electric fuel pumps or fans.No hood scoops that worked.Any gasolene was OK.Headers OK.I cant remember the rest.I dont know if the majority wants to step up or down but for me no more special rules.Cody prooves their not needed.

Thanks Greg but I cant open them.Charley now is exactly the time to discuss the rules,at meeting time its time to make decisions.Anyone with ideas should chime in here now so we can think about the possibilities.Still need a track represenitive and looks like Randy Bourlace might be it.How bout it Randy,will you be track spokesman in behalf of Thunder cars??Its a tough job,requires thick skin and no thanks.But is needed.

Sorry GB. I thought I Deletede that post. Having a little trouble learning how to use new scanner, windows 7 computer and LSS all at the same time. I will bring a copy with me to CC Speedway's banquet Sun. and give them to Steve if he is there.

Archived