HMP

LEGACY

I'm probably going to wish I hadn't ask but here goes.In the past we have raced a 26 week schedule a16 week and now a10 race schedule going from 100 laps to 75 to 50 and counting yellows except for last ten lap all green flag racing. This past Saturday night we were the second feature after a12 minute Bando. race, with a yellow flag @lap 9 they counted all the way down and finished G,W,Checkered. When ask why it was because they where 20 min.behind, it was due to track not the series or racers the races just started.Then after a first lap wreck in next race it took 35 min.to clear 1 car and start race and for the final straw they put 6 late models on track and ran a 50 lap feature and yes there was yellows and they counted but 6 cars 50 laps.

In most cases we have from 14 to 20 cars and race 50 laps in less than 15 min. The local series are there every weekend pay $25 per car and $25 per pit pass.The traveling series come several times a year and are needed and enjoyed but 90% of the the reason for running behind falls squarely on track disfunction.Is this normal at all tracks or am I out of line. Not mad just curius.

Lloyd

Lloyd,

was the drag strip open? how many people where in the stands?

That is one heck of a race track, but they seem to be sqeezing every dime out out of ya'll. (meaning, you are paying more, and getting less).

Tom

Llyod..From way over here, I still believe Ghram Baker is trying to create an excuse to shut down the oval track. I like to think "they (HMS Officials)" are not use to the hot Texas weather...you see, the heat thins out the blood and makes it flow a lot better. Now with a good supply of blood, the brain can think and use more of its capacity; maybe "they" are not use to it. I think he wants to shut the oval track down so they can convert to a larger drag race facility. But then, what do I know, I'm a disgrace.

Who is this guy,please tell me it is not one of our people from Houston!!!

Lloyd

Archived