CCMS 5-29-04

CAM Racing

Speaking in behalf of all Texas Pro Sedans drivers, crews and officials at C.C. Motor Speedway on May 29, I extend our collective thanks to all of the spectators and fans who visited the TPS pits after the race. Their nice comments about the TPS race were appreciated by the TPS race teams.

The Texas Pro Sedans would also like to extend their appreciation to Greg Godfrey, Owen Pittman and the CCMS Staff. We very much appreciated their attitude in hosting TPS's return to Corpus Christi after a nine year absence. TPS is thankful to all of the CC area sponsors who helped this race event. We look forward to our remaining schedule at CCMS on July 31 and September 4. We will see you all then.

Thanks,

Neil Upchurch

Race & Administrative Director

Texas Pro Sedans

ditto to Owen. Good luck lol. It was a good night of racing. Way to go Rookies as well and most of the rest of the drivers. It was fun.

The TPS had a good race also. It was nice to see a few of the drivers in the TPS who use to run with us at CC. WTG!!

The #8 car had racing shocks and the 72 has been running with his fuel cell to the left. That was a big deal at first drivers meeting before the season started and then was brought up at a drivers meeting a couple weeks ago. They have not been able to run with a off center fuel cell sence 2001 season I believe. I do not think you can run a off center fuel cell in any of the classes. Not sure though. I beleive it is a safty issue.

The driver of the 72 car said the head tech told him he could leave it. Well the tech was not at the track sat. so Owen has to find out if the tech told him that or not. It is not 72's first season at CC. He has been there for a few seasons now and he built a new car for this season so he should have just put the fuel cell in the center like the old car was.

Other then that I think all the classes had a good night. It was a night of racing.

Well hello everyone! Good night of racing sat. Seems that there is alot riding on this call about the fuel cell issue. This is not against the #72. I think any car should have been DQ'd for the fuel cell being off set.

First of all it was brought up in the very first driver and rule meeting before the season even started. Second, I then pointed it out to a tech. offical the first night of racing. The tech. then went over there, but I do not know what he told him. Third, on Febuary 29, 2004 there was yet another attemt to let everyone know that the fuel cell is to be centered in the bomber rule updates on ccmotorspeeways site. Forth, It was again addressed in the the drivers meeting on Sat. May 22,2004 the weekend prior to this incedent.

Lets get serious even if I walked up and ask the head tech if I could run a .535 .565 cam and he said sure you can. I should be DQ'd for being silly( or there are a few other choice words I can think of) because it clearly states in the rules .390 .410!!!!! Catch my drift. Silly question Silly Answer!!!

Just my opion though. Good luck to all the drivers next weekend and hopfully just as good of racing!!!

I have to agree 36 since we have all known this rule since the 2002 season... I think the track needs to do better about sticking to their tech rules. Plain and simple the 72 was illegal and he knew it even if he asked John Lee .. FYI I hear John is no longer the tech man Owen is until he hires some one new. :angry:

Hey Owen did they say anything about multi tasking when you took this job?? lol. Track manager, Pit Manager, Tech, Spotter, Bouncer & ect..... lol. Dang it. Ever think about being cloned?? lol. Sure glad I am not you. Good luck. God Speed.

The rules are the rules. I think Manny will win races on many other occasions but it would probably be best for all involved for him to be DQ'd. Normally people aren't DQ'd from races for "safety issues" after a race is over, normally they aren't allowed to start a race. In this case some would say it could have been a left side weight advantage but I don't think it would have been that much help.

You are right Poorboy. I think Manny is doing real well this season as well. The fuel cell is always one of the first questions asked at the drivers meeting before the season and it has got the same answer for the last few seasons. This is not Manny's first season.

I do not think anyone is personally attacking Manny. Manny has been driving real well the last couple seasons. He trys to drive people clean or at least he drives us clean.

I think this is more of the drivers getting together telling the track that for one the drivers will stick togeter and 2 they need to see to it that we all have to follow the same set of rules. I know some will try to get away with things and that is fine also but if you are caught you are DQed. This was not Manny's first win this season. He has won a few heat races and never DQed for the fuel cell. Why have rules if they will not be applyed. Then #8 should have not been DQed for his shocks even thought we know we can not run them.

I know you are not cheating till ya get caught lol. But Manny was caught. Nothing agenst Manny personally but come on now, just put the dang fuel cell in the center like every other car at CC lol.

Guest NO35KRACING
:lol::lol::lol: tear in my beer!! CAM Racing stop with it already!!!! crying like a baby every week is getting old. that goes to you to fun 4 racing. if the hometown racing team dont like the place your racing. then go to SA!!!!!!!!! ;)

#72 ran with the fuel cell to the left and won a race now he ran with the fuel cell in the middle and came out second want him to run with the fuel cell to the right and still come out on top. point is this controversy is ridiculous nothing more than sorry losers wanting to complain about something!!!

Archived