Closed

Yes, and unfortunately in this case, mismanagement seems to have been the largest reason behind the track's demise.

Normally I remove this sort of post whether the accusation is right on the mark or just simply sour grapes. Either way, calling out the management does little or no good for any of the folks involved whether they be competitors, fans, sponsors, former managers or future management, if any.

I have never met a track owner/promoter/manager who set out with the intention of mis-managing their track into oblivion. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Most, if not all, come to the table with the best of intentions. Many are former racers who have long felt that if they just had the chance they would get hold of a track one day and "run it right."

What happens between the time of initial "good intentions" and the final locking of the gate is often very complex and invariably painful to anyone/everyone involved. Blaming "management," while always popular, is not productive and should be discouraged at all levels, not just here on Lone Star Speedzone.

That being said, constructive suggestions, sincere ideas on how to make things better and helpful feedback is always welcomed by track operators. As you may have noticed, those sorts of threads are common here and are well read by track management whether they post in the forums or not.

Nick

Yes, and unfortunately in this case, mismanagement seems to have been the largest reason behind the track's demise.

THAT THERE IS FUNNY . HE HAD THE STANDS FULL AT GATOR SAT. . HOW MANY TIMES DID YOU SUPPORT 105 THIS YEAR ? ITS HARD TO GET HOUSTON RACES TO RACE ON FRI. .

I heard From Jonathan Sanford Race will be held at BGS this year, I my self have looked at RTP.com an nothing updated.

You know it is kinda sad tht 105 is closed ! I have ben going to tht track when they raced in day time cause there were no lights . Ben threw several managers/owners. some were good some were not some tried realy hard some did not.

I still think tht 105 still has lots of potential, If under right management yes it will take some money yes gonna take a lotta work , but it can be done the problem is there are some tracks around who are glad tht 105 cant get up off the ground . I have watched westplainsmotorspeedway grow from just a little dirt track to a grand place to race at holds one of the biggest races for imca ever year ben to a few of them when i get a chance to get up to MO . maybe one day just maybe 105 can get up and going to an awsome track .

You tell 'em Joel!!!....lol

I'll never understand racing down here....No tracks in/around Houston ever seem to make Friday night work.....Up where I was born/raised they raced Wed.-Sun. always had lots of people/lots of cars at most tracks.....Don't say that it's because of Houston traffic either.....These were tracks around Chicago.....and traffic sucked just as much.

So....Traffic-same.....people working Mon.-Fri.-same....even high school football-same.

If a guy owns/promotes two tracks within 40-50 miles of each other he surely isn't going to run on top of himself......Now THAT would be mismanagement....

It's a matter of how much effort the racers put into it....JMHO....Granted 105 was no palace....but still....

Archived