Shady Oaks / Texana Combination Race

Texana Raceway will be holding their street-stock on the 24th and Shady Oaks on the 31st. The purse for the best average finish (between both tracks) is up to $300. We'll be looking for sponsers to make that even larger. Be sure to schedule your racing to include BOTH tracks and take advantage of that extran money.

Sponsers are welcome, as we'd love to increase the street-stock purse on the 31st as well.

Please contact Jim at info@shadyoakspeedway.com.

-Jim Scribellito

Yes, it is currently at $400 for the Two Track Challenge. The sponsors for the $400 Two Track Challenge are Stephan Danielsen (Danielsen Motorsports), Randy "Bubba" Seals (multi-year Texas Grand winner), Jason Hammack (Local Mac Tools Dealer), and Mitch "MitchyBobby" Wagner (Precision Welding).

That would be awesome to get some sponsors pulling in to boost the SOS July 31st purse. We could see two great weekends back to back of Street Stock racing with some of the best shoes in Texas.

Jim - If ok with you, I will post any information that I receive on the Texana purse and the Two Track Challenge here on the SOS board when I post that on the Texana board as well....?? Also, if I get word of anyone asking about increasing the SOS July 31st purse, I will direct them to you.

Monty

Since there seems to be no interest in promoting the limited mod class, I think I will save a few bucks and watch a good street stock show from the stands instead of from my car.

Since there seems to be no interest in promoting the limited mod class, I think I will save a few bucks and watch a good street stock show from the stands instead of from my car.

Actually I think there is quite a bit of interest from the competitors in that division as well. I heard from a couple of the guys in the Limited Mod class that were trying to round up something prior to July 2nd. Not sure where that stands right now though, as I haven't been looped in on anything further.

ok, i will give the two track winner$50.00 also. i also will give $50.00 to the winner at sos and will give three $50.00 places to be determined at half time that nite. hope this will helpget some more cars there

Jeff- This is definitely how these things start growing and gain energy. From one seed being planted others jump on. So, based on your information, here is what I understand:

*You are adding $50 to the Two Track Challenge (that being the highest averaging official finish from the two events). this would make the Two track Challenge now $450 total.

*You are adding $50 to the winners purse at SOS on July 31st.

*You are adding $50 increments to three different places in the street stocks on July 31st, which you will choose at half-time on July 31st. Is that one correct?

And, if you and Jim are ok with it, I will help promote this project for both tracks and post the summaries of this effort along the way during the next two weeks on both tracks forums.. I just don't like doing that unless requested or unless you give the green light. Is that ok with y'all? I anticipate the July 31st purse will now start increasing also.

Jeff has started the wave by adding additional money into the SOS July 31st purse and money into the two track challenge.

Here is a summary of where we stand as of now from what I know of for the July 24th at Texana and July 31st at SOS.

July 24th at Texana

$1,000 to win (*$100 of this sponsored by Elite Automotive) ,($100 of this sponsored by the Turner Family), and ($100 of this sponsored by Cagle Motorsports

$500 for 2nd

$300 for 3rd

4th - $250

5th - $200 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

6th - $150 ($50 bump added by Ken Bulsterbaum)

7th - $90

8th - $80

9th - $75

10th - $50

11th - $40

12th - $40

13th - $40

14th - $40

15th - 24th - $25

*plus $200 added by Team Xtreme (Lauren Chamberlain, Brian King, Butch King, Monty Chamberlain, and Chris Shafer) to some selected positions in bonus envelopes*

Two Track Challenge Money:

*the Dainelsen Motorsports, Jason Hammack, Randy Seals, and Precision Welding incentives of $100 each and Jeff the SOS flagmans $50, ($450 combined) bonus to the highest averaging official finish by any driver that competes at Texana and then Shady Oaks on subsequent weekend

SOS additiona purse money for July 31st:

And, Jeff the SOS flagman is starting the fire for the SOS July 31st winners purse with an additional $50 and he will also place $50 to three other additional places which will be determined at the July 31st SOS race at half-time.

Ok, Saturday July 24th is the start of this t race night event. If any Street Stocks are interested in coming and putting on a show, come on and do it! If you'd like more info, you can look into the Texana Raceway Park forum here on LSSZ! More money has been put in for top qualifier, and it is our Annual Bicycle Give-a-way! Thanks. And don't forget, it will SOS's turn next week!!!

Archived