Trey Mitchell continues to impress in PASS South

Trey Mitchell Continues to Impress Against Tough PASS South Series Competition

Mooresville, North Carolina (7/5/10) - Anyone that knows the PASS South series can easily see that in 2010 it has become the premier super late model touring series in the country. It has sent competitors home six out of the eight races the series has completed this year. So, for twenty-year-old driver Trey Mitchell to qualify on the outside poll then race his way to a solid sixth place finish in this weekend’s 125-lap event at the Greenville-Pickens Speedway, one would have to say something good has hit the Trey Mitchell Racing Team. The finish made it his third consecutive top-ten finish in PASS South series competition.

Mitchell quickly showed the thirty-two cars in attendance he meant business. He never practiced his #47 Ford Fusion less than third quickest on the speed charts in the events three practice sessions throughout the heat of the day. The Texas native then backed up those quick practice times with a stellar qualifying effort that was .4 faster than his best practice speed. Mitchell, just the third car in order to qualify, held the provisional poll over the next twenty-three competitors before getting edged out by Chase Elliot, son of NASCAR star Bill Elliot, for the top spot.

For the first 111 laps of the event Mitchell never ran worse than fourth and made several attempts at the lead while running second at the mid-point of the race. The yellow flag was displayed for just the third and final time of the night, with fourteen laps remaining, allowing the field to bunch up. The short run was not in favor of Mitchell’s crate motor- powered machine forcing him to settle for a solid sixth place finish.

“This was a good run for us tonight, but I’m actually a bit disappointed where we ended up finishing. That caution at the end killed us from getting the finish we deserved. Our crate motor car needed long green flag racing to stay out front. I’m pretty sure if it would have stayed green we could have at least finished fourth,” stated Mitchell after the race. “I know the racing in the PASS South series is by far the toughest competition I’ve ever raced against. The series has grown so much even from a year ago; to finish sixth here isn’t as disappointing as if I would have finished sixth somewhere else.”

The sixth place finish made it three top ten finishes in a row for the Trey Mitchell Racing Team in PASS South series competition. Mitchell’s consistent finishes, along with others’ mid-season troubles, have made for a constant climb up the series’ points ladder. With eight races complete and just five more to go, Mitchell sits eighth in the championship standings having competed in one race less than the eleven drivers who have competed in all series events thus far.

For more information about Trey Mitchell Racing in 2010 visit his website at www.treymitchellracing.com. For sponsorship information and public relations related issues contact Chris Ragle with Tex Motorsports Marketing at 704-706-3666 or cragle02@yahoo.com.

Archived