Mary Ann Naumann makes national headlines on Track Chic website

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact: Debbie Williams, 210-685-0400 (cell), debbie@thunderhillraceway.com

Thunderhill Raceway Media & Public Relations Director

Naumann makes national headlines on Track Chic website

KYLE, TX (July 5, 2010) – As the Owner/Promoter of Thunderhill Raceway (THR) in Kyle, TX, and the Texas Super Racing Series (TSRS), Mary Ann Naumann is a well-known name in the Texas stock car racing community.

Naumann was recently contacted by a representative of a national website that’s known as www.trackchic.com requesting the involvement of Thunderhill Raceway’s female racing fans in this growing organization.

Track Chic is fundamentally a social club or sorority for female race fans, with local chapters (Crew Teams) headed by a Chapter President or “Crew Chief.” Each Crew Chief invites new members to her Crew Team, and these female members can receive special discounts and privileges.

Naumann feels the introduction of this opportunity for female fans will further strengthen the presence of women in racing.

“Women really are a missing link in motorsports, but it’s being filled more and more as time goes on,” stated Naumann in the featured article.

Naumann was also chosen for this month’s edition of Women Behind the Wheels section of the Track Chic website, and her story can be viewed at www.trackchic.com/wbw. The article starts out with the following statement: “Some women say racing is their LOVE; others say racing is their LIFE; for Track Chic’s Woman behind the Wheels, Mary Ann Naumann, racing is both her LOVE and her LIFE.”

Those who know Naumann would readily agree that the headline sums up Naumann’s personal life and involvement in the racing community.

“I’ve known Mary Ann for many years, but I didn’t really get to know her well until I began working for Thunderhill Raceway at the end of the 2007 racing season,” said Debbie Williams, THR’s Media & Public Relations Director. “It didn’t take me long to realize that all of us are very fortunate to have such a knowledgeable, caring person heading up our track operations.”

“Along with H (Naumann’s husband), Mary Ann has given the racers, staff and fans a great environment to enjoy our passion for stock car racing,” added Williams. “She is an incredibly strong leader and has earned the respect of everyone involved in Thunderhill Raceway and TSRS.”

More information about Thunderhill Raceway can be found on the track’s website at www.thunderhillraceway.com. The website address for the Texas Super Racing Series is www.texassuperracingseries.com.

post-29-1278340001.jpg

Mary Ann Naumann

Owner/Promoter – Thunderhill Raceway and TSRS

Archived