NASCAR

lilmodified

huge kudos to TNT for their coverage this year!!

until this year, i always dreaded the 6 weeks of coverage by TNT...but this year i applaud them! they have stepped up EVERYTHING!! not so much animation, much better video, limited commercials, audio (race, cars and commentators)...it's all enhanced this year...

and the "wide open coverage" of tonight's daytona race is better than it has ever been!

i've gone from dreading TNT's coverage, to wishing the other networks only had the 6 weeks :lol:

what do y'all think?

Id really like to see someone get Ralph Shaheen a clue. Not every interview has to have drama, every driver he interviewed he tried to imply some sort of foul play or drama. F'n reporters can sit and watch this and then ask a guy who is wrecked "how do you feel?". Personally im not impresses with the people but the full coverage is nice.

I am sitting on the counch watch in the TNT coverage on the big screen, then I have the nascar.com TNT Race Buddy on the laptop. I have stuck with the incar the whole race. About the first half was Tony Stewert, then they switched to McMurry about 20 kaps before his wreck, then they switched back to Stewert, and now I have been on board with Harvick, for the restart to the red flag. The only drivers they show are the Coke drivers.

Also you get the radio chatter of what ever driver they are on board with, been interesting under the red to her Kevin and his crew talk about the wreck.

First time I have ever done this thing, but it is pretty neat.

Lord almighty I am bored though, I should be stealing my first beer from Pat Wilson at the track right now.

Bill "Sarge" Masom

get rid of that larry guy ...sick of him ...petty .well he is better than waltrip ..uh both of em ..but still a bore ....the lady /dont know who she was .but just aboult fell asleep listening to her ...in fact i did get some z.s glad when it ended ....2 had the fastest car .... burton cant get a break .but i would have to say he really had the car to beat .....jr .well .least he speaks his mind ..but to get a better car ..you need to communicate better with your crew chief ..he purty much cut his team down ....maybe he should have said .. got a lucky finish with a bad set up ..we.ll keep working on it ...and shave .looked like a bum . martin must have had the same set up ...as jr ..looks like it could be be .jr and martin getting test cars .for the other two teamates ...ok im done .good race ...

I'm imprerssed with Brad Daugherty. His background and knowledge of NASCAR is excellent. He said he wore #43 in his basketball playing days because of Richard. He seems to have a very broad background of the cars and drivers. Don't know how he'd do with the play-by-play, but his spots on the broadcast were great.

I loved the coverage as well. Especially how the three stooges blamed every accident that Montoya was anywhere near on the guy. the replay from straight ahead on the busch incident clearly shows Montoya steering AWAY from Busch - yet they STILL blamed it on him - and even in the Busch interview when he pondered that it was an aero loose that made HIM run up the track they force fed him the angle that makes it apear as a maybe Montoya's fault. Jeez as if there isn't enough allready they find it necessary to stir the pot! Not sticking up for Juan - lord knows he's caused enough for sure - but the transparency of the s%!* slingin' is SOOOOO unprofessional from paid announcers!

Archived