July 10th at HMP

HMP is considering going to just one practice session and opening gates at 1pm with practice starting at 3:05 and racing starting at 6pm. For the racers that actually race at HMP, what do you think about opening later with just one practice session before the heats? Please keep it contructive and on subject. If you just want to tell me how stupid I am, I have heard it before, I already know that and Sarah reminds me daily in case I forget. :D

John

HMP is considering going to just one practice session and opening gates at 1pm with practice starting at 3:05 and racing starting at 6pm. For the racers that actually race at HMP, what do you think about opening later with just one practice session before the heats? Please keep it contructive and on subject. If you just want to tell me how stupid I am, I have heard it before, I already know that and Sarah reminds me daily in case I forget. :D

John

I like the two practice sessions. I think it allows the ability to make continual minor adjustments or even major changes. I.E: the #28 truck and our team have both had to make complete rear end swaps due to problems found in the 2nd practices. Personally, we have a 4 hour drive to get there and the noon opening makes it nice, with plenty of time to get set up and ready. Liking the way it is.

I like the later opening times, but miss the open practice. With the rather oppressive heat, travel times for the out of town teams, and all things considered, I am for it. As for the second practice, please keep it.

Kevin Wiseman

HMP Pro Truck 28

Well I'm new, but that is even more important to me to have 2 practice sessions, not only to run one then make some changes and run again to see if changes are working, but to get more seat time. I don"t want to be running around there in a truck that is not handling right and I haven,t maximized my seat time to stay out of other trucks bodies and tear up as little as possible. I vote for 12 at the latest.

All HMP Drivers that are present on July 10th will be given 20 FREE General Admission tickets for the July 24th, Cricket NASCAR Night to share with family, friends, co-workers and neighbors.

In addition, every spectator in attendance on July 10th will be given a free ticket to the July 24th event as well thanks to Cricket Wireless.

Archived