Jr

gundogC3

Don't be confused - apparently JR is driving the car that Johnson is going to use next week as a "test", just like Martin is driving the car Gordon will be using next week as a test. ....

I'm confused.

Was the above intended as sarcasm, or is some truth behind it? And if the latter, how do you know, what/who is your source?

Not trying to be a smart alec or combative, just you have my curiousity piqued

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't be confused - apparently JR is driving the car that Johnson is going to use next week as a "test", just like Martin is driving the car Gordon will be using next week as a test. ....

I'm confused.

Was the above intended as sarcasm, or is some truth behind it? And if the latter, how do you know, what/who is your source?

im still waiting ..

Don't be confused - apparently JR is driving the car that Johnson is going to use next week as a "test", just like Martin is driving the car Gordon will be using next week as a test. Wait that doesn't work as each track uses a different set up - substitute YEAR for WEEK. THere thats it.

The only thing that suprises me is that one of US knows this and JR doesn't. Maybe JR is a few crayons short of a rainbow - as he ain't got something so obvious figgered out yet. Anyone got his phone number?

you trying to be funny .or just a smart a77

Both.

No I'm not trying.

It comes quite naturally.

:P

he would have the best team .the best crew chief .the best cars //not test cars ..same with martin ..those were sponsor moves ..

Sorry - no secret source - just the aptitude for reading.

And a sometimes broad and often misunderstood sense of humor.

Ummmmm....Let's see......Jr. in the #3 carrying his dads colors at Daytona......Never mind no one would believe me anyway...

Right on Reb..just catching up on this board now.

No QUESTION this was a set up. There have been other incidents like this over the years too - and yes, mock me (and us) as believers of the conspiracy theory. But some of us have actual proof of some of these incidents. ;)

No QUESTION this was a set up. There have been other incidents like this over the years too - and yes, mock me (and us) as believers of the conspiracy theory. But some of us have actual proof of some of these incidents. ;)

Lets see that proof, make believers out of all of us

In the old days (I know, I know...) there was an abundance of evidence that teams would get "The Call" from NASCAR that things would be falling their way in this or that race. Some insider reporters published stories to that effect.

And - also many years ago - it was an open secret that deals were cut with Detroit to keep any one manufacturer from winning too many Cup championships.

Of course, none of that happens these days. ;)

Nick

I'm confused.

there is truth to it...teams will swap cars (ie-chevy to ford) to see how they drive and the different things the other teams are doing...there was a story on nascar.com a couple/three weeks ago about kasey kahne's swap...it's still there in the archives if you wanna read it...

Anybody remeber the baseball car Jr drove? That car failed post race tech after winning at daytona. Too low. But Na$car deemed it not enough of a differance to be an advantage. 1/4" roof heigth. Mark Martin was docked points for an "unapproved spring". It was exactly 1/4 coil short of the correct dimension. New in box. At the appeal a rep from the spring mfg company showed 10 random new in box springs all the same. No go. Now im no rocket scientist but it sure looks like Na$car is not near as impartial as people like to believe.

Ummmmm....Let's see......Jr. in the #3 carrying his dads colors at Daytona......Never mind no one would believe me anyway...

So every race that Jr has won was a setup? I understand where everyone is coming from because of Wrangler and the #3. Not my point.....

Ok, I'll go one step further with your thinking. Every championship that Jimmie Johnson has won was a setup. Do I believe that? EDITTED no! Even better one. Has anyone stopped to ask themselves what ever happened with Rick Hendrick and being sick? There was a ton of speculation he had lied to get out of some things that were happening at that time. Dear Lord I get some of my best laughs from reading stuff on here...

Mark, NA$CAR is a lot closer to WWE than anyone wants to admit....

No one, including myself, used the "ALL" inclusive word here for anyone or anything....

NA$CAR, and IRL, NHRA for that matter, need to something to promote ticket sales/viewership(is that a word--lol).....Noticed all the empty seats at any televised events lately....What better way to stir enthusiasm than to have Jr. win a race, in the #3 Wrangler car and at Daytona....

Mark, NA$CAR is a lot closer to WWE than anyone wants to admit....

No one, including myself, used the "ALL" inclusive word here for anyone or anything....

NA$CAR, and IRL, NHRA for that matter, need to something to promote ticket sales/viewership(is that a word--lol).....Noticed all the empty seats at any televised events lately....What better way to stir enthusiasm than to have Jr. win a race, in the #3 Wrangler car and at Daytona....

Reb,

I know neither you nor Chuck meant ALL or every... I have been to PIR three times and CMS(Autoclub) three times. Two years ago at CMS during both the Nationwide and Cup races the attendance was down. Three years ago at PIR the same...

I don't think NA$CAR is as bad as WWE although it is funny that I have always said WWE guys have it easy when it comes to crossing over into acting...

Give Jr the win and lets move on....

Hey, News flash! NA$CAR just announced that Jr. is next in line to win three consecutive Cup championships. Kyle Busch is already whining! :lol:

I wont say that Nascar has been completely impartial over the years.

I just believe that It would be hard to stage a win at Daytona with all of the possibilities involved.

Jr's car looked to be decent in that race and did run better in clean air as most do.

If he had a bigger plate or something like that, I sure saw no evidence of it during the race. There have been plate races where a car was dominant most of the race, only to end up finishing out of the top ten even without an accident. It would be very tough to do in todays racing at Daytona or any track for that matter. Officials turning their head instead of busting someone for an illegal part I could see happening. Jr's car was good all night but not what I would call dominate in any fashion.

They could plan it all out and still fail. Odds are against it happening in that particular race in my opinion.

While there are many that believe the only reason that there are empty seats is because of fans dislike for the sport, lets not forget that the current economy is a big role player as well. Racing at all levels has peaks and valleys as far as attendance goes.

Chuck mentioned actual proof and I would love to see it. I think everyone would

Archived