Jr

gundogC3

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:rolleyes: Was pulling for Jr. when he took the lead coming out of pits. He was lucky when Kyle overshot his pit. Good race, it was nice to see the retro colors and the 3 out there again. Now lets see him make something happen today. ;)

I was hoping Logano or someone else would pass him for the win. Nothing personal against Jr.. I just can't stand how all his fans react. He has not done much of anything at the Cup level. He got a lot of those fans from his dad. I did not care much for his dad either for the way he drove right over the top of people. If you saw someone do that at the local track you wouldn't like it. I respected his father off the track and not on. As I said, nothing personal against Jr., just how his fans are.

i didnt get to see the race last night ...but after seeing those fans put up the three fingers .it reminded me of the texas race that year he died .. ..sitting up in the stands up from pit road ..... when that race started and everyone put three fingers up ..i looked up and found i had three fingers pointing up aswell ..i was by no means a dale fan ..but i could not help but feel the sadness of it all the heavyness in the air .....it choked me up as others were .... knowing it was final... he was gone .... i found you didnt have to be a fan of his ..but you knew nascar would never be the same ..you knew as a non fan you would miss him ....someday i hope someone can take his place .. though that will never happen .... jj does not have a fat chance no matter how many championships he wins .. it wont matter to many ..the sad part .is jr will never get out from under his dads shoes .... i dont think it is fare to even think he could .... i bet if jr wasnt under the gun so much ..he could be a great racer ..i think all the years of jr needs to be dale .has destroyed him ...

I definatly was pulling for junior and think the amount of respect he showed for his dad and the number on the side of his car was monumental. It was great for the fans and I think the number should be retired. Couldn't have happened any better.

Jmo

B

I was hoping Logano or someone else would pass him for the win. Nothing personal against Jr.. I just can't stand how all his fans react. He has not done much of anything at the Cup level. He got a lot of those fans from his dad. I did not care much for his dad either for the way he drove right over the top of people. If you saw someone do that at the local track you wouldn't like it. I respected his father off the track and not on. As I said, nothing personal against Jr., just how his fans are.

Yea we are kinda on the same page. Back in 83 Junior Johnson said it best - "If that boy ain't put in check he's gonna kill someone" - who coulda known Dale would be his own someone...

SR was called to the trailer more times in his first three years than anyone else in their entire carreers. Yet he became a hero the moment he died. Don't believe it? Action Motorsports had the exclusive on Dale merch. Feb 11 their stocks were worth 2.67 a share - I bought 1000. Feb 28 - 29.00. One year and a day later at 48.65, I sold. More people were on that band wagon after his death than before (which is not only OKAY - its great as it brought an influx of interest to the sport)! This is the entire basis behind the huge number of fans supporting JR who is now turning out to be a rather average if not entirely mediocre driver..

I actually heard some guy call in to a talk show and state that the only reason JR is not winning is Hendrick does not want him to and is giving him inferior equipment and that Hendrick only hired him to slow him down so Jimmie could win. (I think he forgot how SR could take a junk car and put it in the winners circle by using the bumper and/or aero "spill" - either that or he's too young to remember first hand the 82 - 84 seasons, 82 he had 15 DNFs - 12 of which were wrecks Dale himself caused!). And it's not politacally correct to bash a dead guy so even the Media holds Dale to be something bigger than he was. I know plenty of guys who drove that way - many now have lifetime bans at some of the local tracks!

Despain's response was priceless. He basically compared the guy to someone who picks his line at the bank and ends up wrong and in the slowest line and gets angry at others for what was basically his own choice. "It's okay to change bandwagons son" was his parting response. Of course we all know that won't happen - he would have to admit to all of his friends that his super intelligent and all knowing opinion that loudly and publically proclaimed JR to be the best driver that ever hit the track was wrong - so the poor sod will continue to blame others and get angry because he chose the wrong line!

With all that said - please don't get me wrong - I am simply AMAZED at dale's ability to feel what his car did within different drafts, and even more so at his ability to use this feel to his advantage! But I never thought he showed a whole lot of respect for the safety of his fellow competitors or the fans. And JR? Well he has done absolutely NOTHING to make me believe he is even 20% as talented as Dale.

Ummmmm....Let's see......Jr. in the #3 carrying his dads colors at Daytona......Never mind no one would believe me anyway...

Oh there are plenty of conspiracy theorists out there that believe Nascar gave this win to Junior.

I wonder how all the sponsors and other drivers would feel about that. I seriously doubt it myself and believe it would be hard to do even if they tried. Too many things can happen.

People believing that crap provide me with my daily required chuckle on a regular basis. :lol:

I actually heard some guy call in to a talk show and state that the only reason JR is not winning is Hendrick does not want him to and is giving him inferior equipment and that Hendrick only hired him to slow him down so Jimmie could win. (I think he forgot how SR could take a junk car and put it in the winners circle by using the bumper and/or aero "spill" - either that or he's too young to remember first hand the 82 - 84 seasons, 82 he had 15 DNFs - 12 of which were wrecks Dale himself caused!). And it's not politacally correct to bash a dead guy so even the Media holds Dale to be something bigger than he was. I know plenty of guys who drove that way - many now have lifetime bans at some of the local tracks!

Some folks are just plain crazy to believe what that caller actually believed.

Despite the 15 DNF's that Sr. had in 82. Over a 27 year period and 676 races, his avg. finish was 11.1. Of all the greats in Nascar that is second only to David Pearson whose avg. finish was 11.0.

He doesnt need the media to make him something bigger than he was. He did that on the track on his own. :rolleyes:

Ok... Jr's biggest limitation/problem is whatever is going on in his head! He has this image of who he is supposed to be and until he thinks outside that box he will continue to be limited...

The best thing going for him is Kelly. I think he needs to pull back out of Hendricks and do his own thing. I think going to Hendricks was a HUGE mistake. I think he and Truex need to team back up and give it two years.

As far as the car and #3, I think they should keep running it...

Ummmmm....Let's see......Jr. in the #3 carrying his dads colors at Daytona......Never mind no one would believe me anyway...

I believe you.Seems like when Nascar needs a shot in the arm Dale Jr. or Harvick wins driving the car or using Dale Sr. number. It's also funny how a large percent of Nascar races end in a green,white checker finish,be it a wreck or a yellow flag thrown for something the Nascar officials can see.I don't know how you can rig a race but sometimes it looks odd.If Jr. didn't have his Daddy's last name he'd be running on a local small track somewhere.He has name,but he doesn't have the talent of top Nascar drivers.Nascar is going down the tube like the old Indy cars.I hope people upset with Nascar and Indy will continue to support your local race track.

The problem with statistics is that people tend to use them much the same as a drunkard uses a lamp post - for support rather than illumination.

NASCAR has changed so much that you can't compare stats over the entire history. How many of Pearsons wins were in cars that were capable of OVER 200 mph? How many races were in a season to CREATE that average? If I race once and win my average would be 1. Stop there and live in history forever!

And yea I agree he did that on the track on his own - and there were lots of bent bumpers to prove it.

Ok... Jr's biggest limitation/problem is whatever is going on in his head!

Its just entirely impossible that there is another reason?

maybe he's JUST NOT THAT GOOD? Are we (or anyone) absolutely 100% with irrefutable proof sure he's not already living up to his full potential? Unfortunately only as the future becomes history will any of us know. And so far it's not loking too good for JR.

Glad I could amuse you Champ.....LOL

Actually there are plenty of others that agree with me if you read some of the "other" message boards too.....There's a whole thread on it on one forum....

NA$CAR needed a positive shot in the arm from a PR standpoint.....and they got it....

Some things just don't pass the smell test.....LMAO

Do you think that his two biggest challengers, Shrub and Have-a-wreck pitting was a coincidence? Do you believe that Joey or Stenhouse had any chance of going around Jr.?

Ahhhhhh.....NA$CAR/WWE at its finest.......LMAOOOOOOOOO

Some of the greats avg finish:

David Pearson 11.0

Dale Earnhardt Sr 11.1

Richard Petty 11.3

Bobby Allison 11.5

Jimmie Johnson 11.7

Jeff Gordon 12.2

Cale Yarbrough 12.6

These numbers are all very similar and cover quite a few years.

All of them had more than 1 race by the way

Those numbers cover 29 of the 61 championships

Ok... Jr's biggest limitation/problem is whatever is going on in his head!

Its just entirely impossible that there is another reason?

maybe he's JUST NOT THAT GOOD? Are we (or anyone) absolutely 100% with irrefutable proof sure he's not already living up to his full potential? Unfortunately only as the future becomes history will any of us know. And so far it's not loking too good for JR.

Jr. Stats while racing Late Model Stocks. To me, this was his real test of talent.

Late Model Statistics - 1994, 1995 and 1996

1994 NASCAR Late Model Stock Division, Winston Racing Series Races:

Races: 34

Poles: 4

Wins: 1

Top Five: 19

Top Tens: 29

1995 NASCAR Late Model Stock Division, Winston Racing Series:

Races: 26

Poles: 0

Wins: 0

Top Five: 12

Top Tens: 19

1996 NASCAR Late Model Stock Division, Winston Racing Series Races:

Races: 53

Poles: 8

Wins: 2

Top Five: 28

Top Tens: 42

Yes indeed very supportive statistics. Unfortunately there are just way to many variables to illuminate much - like the biggest that you have failed to mention. Careers being cut short for whatever reason. And that my friend is why I will never stand behind a "greatest of all time" arguement - time itself is the biggest variable and changes too many things.

They are all great - just in many different ways.

Archived