4th of July Wknd Race Rained Out!

TRP

We regret to inform everyone that the ASCS Sprint car race is cancelled due to heavy rains and bad weather forecasts.

We received torrential rains last light and continue this morning. We will reschedule the Street Stock Race for a later date.

We will keep you informed of the event. Thanks to all the fans and racers for supporting us. Hope yall have a great weekend,

and see yall next week July 10th.

Unfortunate on the weather and missing having the Sprints, but very glad Bruce wants to reschedule the street stock portion of the event as that thing was getting really exciting. Once Ken and Bruce determine the date that piece will occur, I'm hoping all of the same folks will stay committed to throwing in the extra money and we can solicit some more as well. For example, I see where the two night offers could still be a good thing in having Texana one weekend and Shady Oaks the weekend following, given that the schedules are alternating of each other.

Monty I am sure Elite Automotive in El Campo is still gonna put their 100 dollars up for the Street Stock purse, just let me know when and I will get with them!!!! I will see who else I can dig up in that time also. Can't wait to see this race!!! See yall on the 10th!!

Monty I am sure Elite Automotive in El Campo is still gonna put their 100 dollars up for the Street Stock purse, just let me know when and I will get with them!!!! I will see who else I can dig up in that time also. Can't wait to see this race!!! See yall on the 10th!!

I talked to Galon and he said he will still put up his sponsorship for this race. I am thinking July 24th for this race.

that does suck. that was gonna be a good show. on another note anyone have a street stock i can borrow when that race is rescheduled..... :ph34r:

I think everyone who has a street stock will be out there trying to get a piece of that money lol ;) a few people have asked me if they could race my car haha :), too bad races were rained out, that would have been some gret racing.

I talked to Galon and he said he will still put up his sponsorship for this race. I am thinking July 24th for this race.

Ken - I would be in huge support of resheduling the street stock piece on July 24th. That is also the bike give away night and should produce a large crowd for that and would be nice to have extra racers come in and hopefully bring bikes. I know it is a regular points night, but I personally don't see that being an issue for the points chasers as it will all still work out mathematically wherever each person falls. And, I would encourage the track to keep the focus the same as it was for the one night thing on this specific event for no registration fee on that night only and the tracks generous offer to loan raceceivers for those visiting the one time that don't have them.

Hey Racesgirl55, the management of CK Racing and Team Xtreme membership will be looking for you to pilot your CK Racing, Outlaw Chassis Grand Prix since it will be a points night, and if we can get Mr. Seals to commit again, he will have the honor of racing with you.

Ken, please let us know once you decide for certain. I see that Elite Automotive is good for this again, I'm sure you are for your piece as well. I want to make contact with all of the others and see how we might reincorporate the 2 track deal across 2 weekends. And, we had several other folks working on some additional things, which this will give a little more time for them to prepare and we can touch back with them. This could possibly have enough energy and time to turn into a $1k to win. Racegirl55 told me she was wanting to put some of her allowance in on this event also, but maybe more like to 3rd place or something...

Archived