steve longley

Crazyhorse

just got word from my grandfather that dano longley's (dano36) son steve-o (pops) passed away yesterday.

prayers to Dano and the family.

steve, i considered a really good friend that i didn't know nearly long enough. a real down to earth guy that loved rat rods and good circle track racing. he always had an ingenius sense of humor , wise guy smile , and a straight foward honest attitude.

i lost a good friend-the world lost a good man.

you were tops in my book bro and i'm gonna miss the hell out of ya. ....see ya when i get there.

-Pop's pal

Thanks to all. Steve "Pops" always enjoyed going to THR with me and enjoyed talking and visiting with the friends he made as we made our sweep of the pits before racing events. Its a bitter pill to swallow but I know he went through far more than the pain I feel now before he departed. Steve was a great son who will live on in my heart forever, I will still go to races but they won't be the same without him at my side to straighten me out when I got out of hand. Thanks Shawn, Thanks Mike and all others who may post.

Dano :(

Very sad news indeed. May the Good Lord provide the strength you need to pass though this time of sorrow.

You have many friends in the racing community, Dano. Stay strong and know that most won't post, but are truly thinking about you in this difficult time.

Nick

Dano, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I believe it was the Apostle Paul who said "whether we live or whether we die, we belong to the Lord." Steve was a genuinely nice guy....always enjoyed talking to him.

Dano,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son. He was such a friendly guy, and he will be missed by the THR staff and officials. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family during this very difficult time.

Steve was definitely a car guy; Besides Kyle, I saw him many times Friday nights in Live Oak looking over classic and custom cars at Biffs.

He will be missed, Dano, and you and your family are in out thoughts and prayers.

Dan,

In times of sorrow, sometimes it helps us to remember the lighter moments in life.

This morning I couldn't help but chuckle when I thought of that bitterly cold night at THR when we kidded Steve about snuggling with his THR "Girl Friend."

Oh how I AM going to miss him. Steve was just such a really cool guy. Such a pleasure to know him.

God Speed to him, you and your families.

Dano, my condolences and prayers to you and the family. The loss of a child is never easy, but take comfort in knowing that he is in the Lords hands. You can be assured that "Pops" is with you everywhere you go, you may not see him at the track, but he will be by your side to keep you "inline". ;) God Bless. Lenny66 B)

Dano, sorry to hear about your son. Our racing community won't be the same with out him. Losing a child is one of lifes toughest challenges and we are praying for you and your family now.

I received the following note from Dano regarding the memorial service:

A Memorial Service will be held for Steven A. Longley "Pops", who passed away June 29, 2010 at the First Baptist Church, 1401 Pat Booker Road, Universal City, TX 78148 at 6PM on Thursday, July 15, 2010. In lieu of flowers, the family request that tributes be made to the Enduring Love Foundation in his memory and forwarded to the 1st Baptist Church.

Thank you Debbie and thank all you who have posted on Speedzone during this difficult time for my family and I. I plan to being Steve's son Christopher to THR on 17 Jul because I want him to see first hand the great racing family that was his Dad's favorite place to be on Saturday night. Thanks again everybody. It really helps to know that Steve was well respected.

Dano..

RIP "Pops".

I will always miss you.

Your Dad.

Dano

• 2 weeks later...

Archived