Pat the photographer at C.C. Speedway 70s

xrj145

Anyone know what happened to Pat? she was the photographer from CC Speedway back in the 70s and early 80s, she would run across the infield and snap a photo of race winner at the backstretch wall and run back to start/finishline to take another photo, that woman had to be in good shape to do that, she had 1000s of photos of cars and would go to the races at TWS and take photos of the local cars there, id like to get a hold of her to see if she has any of the photos or copies, my mom would always order photos of my dads cars and she had more than my mom could afford to get at that time

• 1 month later...

If this is the same Pat Johnson I am thinking about she also lettered race cars. She would hand paint the numbers and sponsers on the car. As a teenager I remember watching her paint my dads race cars. She did some racing also and was a pretty good driver. I have not seen her in years.

id put a pick of her with her racecar .if i knew how to move it from one part of my computor to here ....ill get joshua to do it ...its been maybe three years from the last time her and her dad were at cc .. they always sit right under the press box .top role ..havent looked lately but if she still goes .thats where you will find her ................

... SHE USE TO RACE THE 44 PINTO ..BACK WHEN LARRY KRAUS .DAVID AND FATMAN ME DRIGGERS .AND ALOT OF OTHERS ....THAT 44 PINTO WAS DOUG MCBEE CAR THE ONE THAT WAS STOLEN FROM TWS ....I ALWAYS GOT A LAUGH WHEN YOU WERE BESIDE HER .SHE WOULD NEVER LOOK OVER AT YOU .NEVER ...WE WONDERED WHY FOR A WHILE .COME TO FIND OUT SHE HAD TUNNEL VISION .. SHE COULD ONLY SEE WHAT WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER ..SO LOOKING OVER AT US WASNT A GOOD IDEAL ....... SHE WAS REALY GOOD AT PAINTING LETTERS AND NUMBERS ON CAR.S KINDA MISS THOSE DAYS .NOW YOU JUST CUT EM OUT ...MY WIFE USE TO DO THE SAME ...ONLY THING IT TOOK SO LONG TO PAINT ALL THAT ..... ...ONE NIGHT FRANK CAME DOWN TO THE GATE .AND ASK ME TO SIT IN THE STANDS .. SOMEONE SAID I CUSSED HER OUT .AND THAT A FEW WERE GOING TO JUMP ME IN THE PITS IF I SHOWED UP .... ONE I DIDNT CUSS HER OUT .. TWO .I LOOKED FORWARD TO ANYONE WANTING TO JOINT ME IN A PRAYER SESSION ...I TOLD FRANK THANKS FOR WORRYING ABOULT ME .. I FIGURED WHO EVER WAS GOING TO GO AFTER ME .WHAT WOULD IT MAKE A DIFFERENTS WHERE I WAS SITTING ... NOTHING HAPPEND AND A WEEK LATER PAT AND I WENT BACK TO BEING FRIENDS ..... WILL I THINK YOUR DAD HAD ALREADY MOVED UP .WHEN SHE STATED RACEN ..AM I WRONG ...

I think your right, Dad was already racing super stocks. I bet if we scrolled through some the old CC pics on this forum she has painted many of them. I seem to remember she rolled that pinto over one time.

dont think she rolled it ..

• 1 month later...

Pat lettered all of my dad's cars until I got Andrews in 96. She did a great job. Yes, she took her time but the wait was worth it. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Her whole family as a matter of fact. I think since her dad passed they haven't been out to the track. He loved watching the races. One of my biggest supporters. I sure miss seeing them out there.

Pat lettered all of my dad's cars until I got Andrews in 96. She did a great job. Yes, she took her time but the wait was worth it. She is one of the nicest people you will ever meet. Her whole family as a matter of fact. I think since her dad passed they haven't been out to the track. He loved watching the races. One of my biggest supporters. I sure miss seeing them out there.

sorry /i didnt know her dad passed ...we use to visit with each other .. sometimes it was not always friendly .. raced against pat ..so you know the rest of the story ...but always had alot of respect for him ...and good conversation when he sit up top with her ..nice man ...

Archived