Engine builders

PAPA

Im trying to compile a list of engine builders, chassis/car builders and suppliers in Texas. Even the old ones that might be out of business or retired. This would be good for everyone to have. Even if its just a local guy. If you have any contact info that would be great also. Thanks

I've had a few names sent to me already plus what I know but I need more. Just give me a name and I'll research it. Even if its just an individual. You might build engines or race cars yourself. Please let me know. It doesnt have to be just oval track builders. I'm looking for them all. Thanks again.

Here's a few off the top of my 1AM head.....LOL

Centex

Blaines

Wells

Adan Arambula(valley)

Mission

Spreen

Garvin Machine Shop(Killeen)

Russ Fletcher(Abilene)

Frankie Majek(Corpus)

Willie Cotton

Destroyer

SRP(formerly D&M)

Swenson

Smileys

Rush

Oval Components

Qwik

Donnie Moore

Taylor Motorsports

Wilson Chassis Company

A couple more: (someof these go way back)

Big John Chassis (John Priddy), Abilene

BMF Chassis (John Heil), Floresville

Powerflex Racing Engines (Butch Lake), Austin

Joe White Engines, Austin

Meredith Racing Engines, Austin

M & M Chassis (Lee Machen and Moose Bowen), Del Valle

Shaller Racing Engines (Roger Shaller), Abilene

Fillip Automotive, San Angelo

Joe Cantrell Engines, Del Valle

Performance Plus Machine (Larry Schultz), Austin

TRC Race Cars (Terry James), Austin

Carroll Machine, Amarillo

Paul White racing engines, Temple

DOW Engines (David Walters). Waco

Northwest Engine and Supply, Houston

C.R. (Charles) Schild, Houston

T & P Machine, San Antonio

• 1 month later...

Im bumping this up. Anyone have some more names to add? Engine, Transmission,Suspension,body,rear end,etc. Im still doing some research on the ones I have but I really would like to add some more names to the list. Thanks

Im bumping this up. Anyone have some more names to add? Engine, Transmission,Suspension,body,rear end,etc. Im still doing some research on the ones I have but I really would like to add some more names to the list. Thanks

There is H&H Racing Engines run by Dan and Patricia Harris out of the Dallas area......

Alan Marshall - I don't remember his business name, he's outta bulverde now, did lots of legend cars and road race

When I was in High School, Alan had probably the quickest street car in the Northeast area. A good looking late 60 Mustang, he had a hard time finding races. When he did, we went out to Pittman Road in St Hedwig due to the speed involved.

Shaller Racing Engines (Roger Shaller), Abilene

Roger Shaller used to be in Abilene, but he has a manufacturing facility in Schulenberg, Shaller Engineering.

Those of you that go to Green Acres in Adkins, Funtrackers in Corpus, and so on, make Shaller a little money, as he builds most of the arcade go-karts out there. He has built over 7500 of them.

He also builds a neat little hand tractor to move airplanes around.

You can also add Gerald McCall of San Antonio, who had "Blue Diamond Racing Engines".

Archived